Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really needs to happen in the wake of last Saturday.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really needs to happen in the wake of last Saturday.....

Khan vs Ortiz....

It's perfect and would be great for boxing!

After what Ortiz did, he's no future star in boxing. Sure he's more famous, but I doubt he gained any "fans" from that display.

But him being more famous is the key. With his new fame, exciting/dangerous fighting style, and vulnerability, he's the perfect gate keeper for helping fighters BREAK OUT into the PPV world... Specifically, Amir Khan.

Khan is one of the top talents of the sport today, and he's arguably not even at his best! He's a good respectable personality, and also an exciting style. He has his vulnerabilities of course, but he's still the most dangerous fighter in his division by a good margin (Be real, he'll beat Bradley.... And I'm a Bradley fan) and would easily be one of the top guys at welterweight.

And I still maintain that he is (or at least should be) the next big star in boxing once Floyd and Manny retire... At least this way it won't take as long for him to gain the attention of casual fans...

Anyway... My opinion

Would be a great fight to see. However i think khan would beat ortiz. Khans starts very quick and i think once khan peppers him in the first few rounds Ortiz will be disheartened.

Ortiz would need to try and conserve energy and get Khan in the later rounds

Comment

I disagree with break out in ppv.**** that. PPV's are going to skyrocket now since Floyd set the bar. I don't want another ppv star. I want to enjoy boxing without caughing up all klinds of money for ppv. How long will boxing last if we get charged 65 a pop & more **** like what happened on saturday keeps happening?

Comment

Working...
      X