No announcement yet.

(Video)The BEGINNING of the COCKY Mayweather era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video)The BEGINNING of the COCKY Mayweather era

This is Mayweather's first PPV and this is when his Cocky/Big Mouth persona came out.

This entire video is full of classic quotable

ellerbe's staredown of mayweather is distracting me in this video

Comment

Originally posted by adobostreak View Post
      ellerbe's staredown of mayweather is distracting me in this video
      come on man, honestly I didn't even notice that.

This **** talk in this forum is bizarre

Comment

i got to about 1:39 before stopping it...i had flashbacks of when i used to root and defend that guy...i feel so ashamed for falling for the hype

Comment

"There are 6 ways to beat gatti , cuz he got 6 losses , imma show u the 7th way."
          Awesome quote!!!!

The funny thing is that Floyd did EXACTLY was he said he was gonna do.Hate him or love him Money May IS THE BEST

Comment

"I dont care if ya'll like me... My Kids like me" lmao lmao *dead... best quote of the video

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
              i got to about 1:39 before stopping it...i had flashbacks of when i used to root and defend that guy...i feel so ashamed for falling for the hype

He got avoided (don't want to use the term ducked) by Hatton & Cotto @ 140 << that is a fact

He moved up to 147 and beat that last 2 undisputed WW champions
              then moved up to 154lbs and beat the champ there

what hype did you fall for?
              Last edited by Cash Cow; 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
                He got ducked by Hatton & Cotto @ 140

He moved up to 147 and beat that last 2 undisputed WW champions then moved up to 154lbs and beat the champ there

what hype did you fall for?

the same hype that you c0cksuckers are STILL buying...that mother****er hasnt challenged himself since corrales

after the gatti beatdown, he hasnt done ****...

he beat a punching bag in Baldomir, fought a Judah who just lost and put america to sleep when he fought a part time fighter in DLH

then he called out Hatton to fight him...AT 147

and oh yea, 2 pouty retirements in between

enjoy the highlights of floyd talking....i like fighters who do their **** in the ring against legit competition

Comment

the same hype that you c0cksuckers are STILL buying...that mother****er hasnt challenged himself since corrales

he beat a punching bag in Baldomir, fought a Judah who just lost and put america to sleep when he fought a part time fighter in DLH

enjoy the highlights of floyd talking....i like fighters who do their **** in the ring against legit competition
                  floyd will always be the favorite to win and unless someone is actually able to hit floyd more than usual and force floyd to fight more than usual you will always say that he is cherry pickin and not challenging himself

Comment

Hey man I am not trying to be confrontational. You have your opinion of him and that is fine, but no need for the profanity.

So you are discrediting the fighters? If you want to act as if beating Baldomir....the guy who beat the undisputed WW champ isn't an accomplishment then I respect that. But you cant dispute the facts.

I mean you cant discredit the wins at the time. But if you feel as if those fighters were not on the skill level to beat Mayweather I respect it. But to discredit his wins @ WW vs fighters who were legit WW's at the time is absurd.

To discredit Mayweather's win over a 154lb DLH is absurd

Ricky Hatton when he fought Maywether was 43-0 and all of those 43 wins were at 140lbs.

Hatton in his 4th pro fight fought Paul Salmon and weighed 144lbs (1st rd KO)

in his 12th pro fight he fought Brian Coleman and weighed 144lbs (2nd rd KO)

in his 14th pro fight he fought Mark Ramsey and weighed 145lbs (won on points)

Fast forward to Luis Collazo, Hatton weighed 147lbs and beat a guy that was really a Natural Welterweight & Junior Middleweight. Collazo has spent his entire career fighting in between both divisions. He beat Collazo by UD and won a WW title.

The reason I bring all of this up is because I notice that many posters like yourself tend to regurgitate the same nonsense over and over just like this myth that "Hatton was ineffective at 147lbs and thats not his weight...blah blah". When in fact Hatton has to cut weight to even get down to 140lbs. Hatton weighed in @ 145lbs vs Mayweather, he fought a guy UNLIKE Collazo who really wasnt a natural WW at that time. Remember Collazo was fighting @ JMW & Hatton weighed 147lbs vs him and was very effective.

If you are going to tell me that Hatton (who fought his entire career @140lbs) was not able to fight 5lbs above his weight class effectively then I will tell you that Pac's win vs Hatton is much more diminished due to the fact that is was almost 2 years after Mayweather Ko'ed him and that Hatton was effected by moving up in weight thats why Pacquiao Ko'ed him. Would that make sense? Remember Juan Lazcano In round eight rocked left hook to the chin that wobbled him, and in round ten, Hatton was hurt again by a left hook. I remember leading up to the fight with Mayeweather EVERYONE said Hatton would be the bigger, stronger and he would bully the soft Mayweather. Then when Mayweather destroys him at his own style Hatton wasnt able to fight @ 147?...that is absurd!

Comment

Working...
                    X