The Right Hook is a dangerous punch... to use

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good analysis make more of these videos bro

Comment

When I stepped in my 2nd gym and was using the right hook on the bag, I was quickly told not to and because you can easily be countered. That was 6 years ago and I rarely do it now. Point taken...

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo33 View Post
        The right hook was one of Mike Tyson's and Jack Dempsey's favorite body punch. Any punch when thrown sloppily or lazily or too wide is dangerous. Throw it right and it is a great punch.
        Tyson really didn't throw right hooks unless you're hurt or you're close to him, like real close. And usually when he did throw right hooks, he'd turn southpaw to do so so the punch is retracted a lot quicker. He wasn't dumb and actually had great technique and not just a brawler like a lot say.

Comment

Did Tyson really throw a right hook, or was it more of a right uppercut?

Comment

What a joke

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😂😂

Comment

So true

Originally posted by Bingo33 View Post
              The right hook was one of Mike Tyson's and Jack Dempsey's favorite body punch. Any punch when thrown sloppily or lazily or too wide is dangerous. Throw it right and it is a great punch.
              So true, a sloppily throw punch will be countered

Comment

While this is an old thread my two cents.

The right hook is really a left side dominate punch. The power is being generated from the left side of the body generating torque around the vertical axis of the body.

Comment

Most effective in order generally speaking

1 Jab

2 Left Hook

3 Cross

4 Left shovel hook

5 Overhand right Cross

6 Overhand right hook

7 either right uppercut, or right hook

Just to put it in perspective thats the rough order, like the right uppercut the right hook is a brutal power punch, but its hard to land, and its also hard to land on a significant weak point. The overhand right hook is a better choice imo
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 10-05-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Tyson didn't switch to southpaw to throw it, he simply squared up so both left and right came in hard and quick the same as Dempsey did

Comment

The ol' Over Hand Hookercut...........

Comment

Working...
                      X