Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's his opinion and he's entitled to it...obviously he doesn't like pac and have always been critical of him eversince he declared his desire to fight pac but didn't get it. but even with that opinion, martinez would still be more than willing to take a pac fight anytime against a much smaller and in his mind a inferior fighter.

Comment

sergio, bump up to 168 or quit talking ****.

Comment

Can't wait for Chavez to demolish this guy. I know he could do it.

Comment

Floyd will never be number one in people's minds until he finds balls to fight Paqciao. How can you be number one when they see you as this guy who is in fear of fighting the number one superstar? It will never make any sense. He should have fought Paq a long time ago. Now that Paq has slowed down what do you you think they will say if Floyd fights him now?

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Ward
            Dawson
            B-hop
            Floyd
            Martinez
            Marquez
            Dawson
            Vitali
            Moreno
            Donaire
            Lara
            Chavez
            Trout
            Mikey
            And many more all beat him if they were the same size. The real meaning of pfp, not your little popularity contest.
            These are the only fighters who I would have ahead of Pacquiao p4p. One thing I think that people fail to realize is that not every performance by these elite athletes is going to be as explosive as sergio v williams 2 or donaire v montiel or pacquiao v hatton. people say that maravilla hasn't looked good but he's won his last 4 fights by knockout, the more recent just haven't been quite as impressive as the williams fight. donaire has dominated everyone he's fought since montiel but they've all been really defensive and tried to survive for 12 rounds, which makes it difficult for him to get the ko. Pacquiao is definitely past his best but he's still an elite fighter and could beat anybody. If he gets the Mayweather fight he can't go taking breathers for half of each round, that's for sure. In fact, it's Pacquiao's breathers that have him moving down my p4p list. If he could fight for 3 minutes of each round, he'd probably be number 1 on my list and he would've knocked out bradley, because at his best there's not a fighter in the world that can stand and trade with pacquiao, people have just figured out that you need to frustrate him now....

Comment

Manny hasnt been the same since those allegations got out to the world so whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                It all depends on how you judge the Bradley fight. Floyd, ward, manny, sergio, jmm sounds about right to me. If you penalize manny for losing to either tim or jmm, I still put manny ahead of Sergio.
                JMM has fought no1 outside of Pacq and lost all 3. so he shouldn't even be in the p4p sentence. Martinez fights foreign unknowns back to back, knocked out a P-will that was exposed by Quintana years earlier. but yet he wins in style so i can't knock that. he wasn't doin **** at WW, struggled with a shot Cintron, now "a bag of pills changed his life" lol

Comment

you guys are idiots... yall just basically sayin FUCC the Klitschkos they have been running the heavyweight division for almost a decade now. its ok for Floyd to outbox somebody but wen the Klitschkos do it its boring, right!?

Comment

I personally would have Sergio ranked higher than Manny, but I don't think he's number 2 p4p. Sergio belongs in the top 5, but I wouldn't put him above Andre Ward for example. Floyd is definitely number one. Manny is on a 2 fight losing streak in my opinion, and it happened as soon as he stepped up in opposition. Losing to Marquez was a huge blow to his status as p4p imo. He was expected to massacre Marquez. He was supposed to knock Bradley out easily, and regardless of if you think he beat Tim or not, he did not look good against him.

Meanwhile, Segio has struggled, but he has left it out of the judges hands with sharp, accurate punching. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in his last 5 fights, which calls his highly touted power into question. Imo, Marquez and Bradley are both ranked above Pac Man. They both beat him, and fought at his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                      I personally would have Sergio ranked higher than Manny, but I don't think he's number 2 p4p. Sergio belongs in the top 5, but I wouldn't put him above Andre Ward for example. Floyd is definitely number one. Manny is on a 2 fight losing streak in my opinion, and it happened as soon as he stepped up in opposition. Losing to Marquez was a huge blow to his status as p4p imo. He was expected to massacre Marquez. He was supposed to knock Bradley out easily, and regardless of if you think he beat Tim or not, he did not look good against him.

Meanwhile, Segio has struggled, but he has left it out of the judges hands with sharp, accurate punching. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in his last 5 fights, which calls his highly touted power into question. Imo, Marquez and Bradley are both ranked above Pac Man. They both beat him, and fought at his weight.
                      How the Hell do you have Sergio Ranked Above Pacquiao?? his biggest Win was a Knockout on Paul Williams n beat an Alcoholic Kelly Pavlik..THATS IT... this Guy Sergio only Fights Foreigners its Pretty Pathetic.... Julio Cesar Chavez Jr will Expose this 40 year Old Fraud

Comment

Working...
                      X