No announcement yet.

Rigo has been located; PBC fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    but I'm curious what weight class he will return at.
    My assumption is 126 to cash out. But dude is small at 122 ffs. And he's 38 now. 38 for a lil guy is like 52 for a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      My assumption is 126 to cash out. But dude is small at 122 ffs. And he's 38 now. 38 for a lil guy is like 52 for a HW.
      Yeah, with PBC the money is at 126, makes sense from that perspective but I can't see him being competitive against the top guys at that weight.

Comment

No Surprise! but 5 years too damn late

Comment

Why didn't this happen years ago?

Comment

PBC becoming the promoter of has beens.

Comment

If he's not fighting at 122lbs (unless there's some issue with him making the weight), he's wasting whatever he has left.

Tick through the gears to make sure everything is still there, piggyback potential dates with the Cubans already in the camp (Erislandy Lara has a big final eliminator due, Luis Ortiz has a fight being eyed for December, Barthelemy, etc), lock in that final eliminator as soon as possible, and be ready to give up some money on the front end to lock in the opportunity.

A 38-year old is pretty darn unlikely to automatically change up the style, but I don't see anyone at 122 wanting any smoke with Rigondeaux unless forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                i wasn't even excited about loma-rigo. easy fight to predict. rigo was way too small.
                It was one of the greatest cherry picks you'll ever see, maneuvered by Arum for Lomachenko. There's virtually zero credit for Loma in beating Rigo but look how the fans and the media turn a blind eye to the context of that farce

Comment

i wasn't even excited about loma-rigo. easy fight to predict. rigo was way too small.
                  Yeah but did you expect him to get out boxed and embarrassed so bad that he'd quit? Not like lomachenko pushed him around with his size or power, he was just the better fighter regardless of weight.

Comment

lol you butthurt clowns coming up with excuses after the fact.

Comment

nobody wants to see no mas Rigo

Comment

Working...
                      X