Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto at his peak. Would you consider him a GREAT fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Based on sheer ability/talent, at his peak, I would say Cotto was arguably a great fighter. (I say, "was," because I think Miguel is past his best.) But I think he falls just shy of being called "great"...just shy.
    Agree with this word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Based on sheer ability/talent, at his peak, I would say Cotto was arguably a great fighter. (I say, "was," because I think Miguel is past his best.) But I think he falls just shy of being called "great"...just shy.

Yep, i also agree^^^He had some great moments, and was/is a very good fighter/boxer, but not enough to be called great overall. Close, though.

Comment

Very good but not great for me.

Comment

No, not even close.

Comment

No. He was pretty good.

Comment

Cotto has fought alot of good fighters through out his career. Cotto is a fan favorite fighter a really good fighter but not great. He was never the same fighter after the Margarito fight that fight took a lot out of him. Its really hard to say anything bad about Cotto he has fought everybody.

Comment

very good fighter. still is today. top ten p4p imo. borderline for HOF.

Comment

He's right there. Very close IMO.

Comment

He was good but never great.. I never liked the guy.

Comment

Floyd and Pacquiao are great fighters. De La Hoya is a great fighter who lost his biggest fights. Cotto is not a great fighter but he fought some great fighters and put up a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X