Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute: I Thought I'd Beat Carl Froch Easy, He Was Better!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute: I Thought I'd Beat Carl Froch Easy, He Was Better!

Former champion Lucian Bute (30-1, 24KOs) admits that he was overtaken by the hype and felt last Saturday's fight with Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) was going to be an easier than expected task. Bute was wrong. Froch stopped him in five rounds and captured the IBF super middleweight title before his Nottingham fans.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fair play to him for wanting to figh froch again. i certainly wouldnt

Comment

Good to see him not making any excuses.

Comment

Class act. He was lied to by his team. Now while I knew Froch would stop him, I expected it to at least be later than sooner. Any how Bute now knows the difference between elite & everything else.

Comment

lets see bute v andre dirrell next.

Comment

Bute is not the only one who thought he would beat Froch easy, I knew better you don't have an easy night vs Froch especially if you have been over protected fighting at home for years.

But then again although I predicted Froch would stop him I didn't think it would be so easy for Froch.

Comment

you cant stay on the ropes with a guy like froch

I dont think team bute realised how hard carl hits on the front foot. I believe they thought they could just sit back an counter

sat on the ropes and got battered

great win for froch bring on kesslerII

Comment

Pretty tough he already wants the rematch. If they can do it within 2 months notice, I'd be happy!

Comment

Fair play to Bute - no excuses.

I said Froch would beat him comfortably on saturday night. Studied Bute's style and could see it coming.

He has a chance in a rematch if, he learns how to defend and break Froch rythym, slow him down and negate him and, most definitely not go back to the ropes. When he gets in with good shots, tie Froch up - break his rythym.

Otherwise, it'll be exactly the same. He and is team will have a lot of studying to do and game plan to come up with and even then the mental scars may be too much.

Full credit for his honesty and if he takes the rematch and manages to pull off a victory he'll have proved himself to be not a hype job.

Comment

Classy stuff from Bute. Good on him! Counter punchers tend to do better in rematches, but then again Froch would come in knowing he can really hurt Bute, and at the end of the day Froch is a guy who makes adjustments too.

Bute needs to keep it center ring and constantly move his head and turn Carl.

Comment

Working...
                    X