No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Most of Silva's fights were against C+ or old fighters. He ducked Shogun when he was the Light heavyweight champion. He took over Middleweight when it was the weakest division in the sport. So of course his overrated cherry picking ass is going to look impressive.

Fedor was a fat LHW who moved up to win the Heavyweight championship and beat 2 of the best fighters in the sport in their primes.

Anderson beat Dan Henderson coming off a loss.

Do you want a detailed description of Anderson's career? Here it is

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos...-este-ano.html

Faces James Irvin at 205 - A, okay.
    Faces Stephen Bonnar at 205 - A, okay.
    Faces Forrest Griffin at 205 - A, okay.
    Face Jon Jones at 205? - Oh no we're going need atleast a 13 pound catchweight.
    Some facts I wouldn't of known, I heard of Fedor, never really watched him tho.

Yeah that CW **** is some BS too, I watched his fight against Bonnar and thought he should go challenge Jones.. didn't know he made that **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Some facts I wouldn't of known, I heard of Fedor, never really watched him tho.

Yeah that CW **** is some BS too, I watched his fight against Bonnar and thought he should go challenge Jones.. didn't know he made that **** up.
      He don't want it with Jones, and I really don't blame him.

Saying "let's fight at 192" = "I know, and you know, you can't cut that much weight, so lets just stop talking about this fight, ok???

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        SMDH. Not only was Fedor past prime, but people were saying he should retire after the Bigfoot Silva fight.

You could even see him start to decline during the Brett Rogers fight. He wasn't the same Fedor.
        What decline? Fedor has always had hard fights his whole career. Even though he was unbeaten for so long it doesn't mean he went through all his opponents with ease.

Bigfoot Silva beat Fedor because he was the first big HW that had skill and actually used strategy against Fedor. Not because Fedor was past prime. Fedor has always been a small HW who has either faced other HW around his size or big hw who weren't that skilled. Big Foot was the first HW that he faced that had both those elements.

I don't take anything away from Hendo's win, but he was past prime.

Also, Fedor is undoubtedly above Hendo in all time rankings.

Yes, Hendo's resume is spectacular, but he's also lost SO many times, and at one point of his career, was called "decision Dan", remember that???

Hendo's greatness comes from his longevity, and durability.

Fedor's greatness comes from being the most dominant specimen the MMA world has ever seen.

Remember in his peak, people were saying he's the "greatest fighter of all time" regardless of MMA/kickboxing/boxing.
        yes Fedor was considered the greatest fighter in his prime and WAS the most accomplished at that time. But Anderson has since surpassed him.

Silva, while he is a masterful fighter, isn't the G.O.A.T. skill set wise, or legacy wise.

He has suspect TD defense, although it's gotten better. He's not a strong wrestler, and doesn't have TD threats.

Fedor doesn't have a single weakness.
        are you crazy? You don't think Silva has GOAT skill set? Why just because he doesn't have good wrestling? lol. He has BY FAR the best standup in mma and has decent enough BJJ to sub Chael and Hendo. And yes his takedown defense might not be that great but he was still able to stuff Damien Maia's which is really impressive. Yes chael took Silva down with ease but Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA.

And yes Fedor has a great overall skill set but he isn't without weakness. Just look at how easily Hendo reversed Fedor's mount and how easily Werdum subbed Fedor. That showed some big weakness to me.

Go watch the fight with Mirko Cro Cop (a much better striker, and way more dangerous during his peak than Silva), and tell me Fedor wouldn't beat the brakes off Silva.

Fedor had Mirko on his back foot and was landing BOMBS on him. Same thing would happen to Silva. Fedor's Sambo would have Silva back peddaling, and Fedor's extremely quick hands, and powerful punches would be catching Silva.

Silva has NEVER been in the ring/cage with someone like Fedor.

He was the ultimate fighting machine in his PRIME.
        Why even compare them 1on1 in a fight. Fedor is 2 divisions above Silva. We're just comparing resume here and Silva has the better resume IMO.

P.S. triangle theories don't work. Especially in MMA.
        I never used the triangle theory. I used the better resume theory. When I said Hendo beat Fedor and Silva beat Hendo, that wasn't to say that Silva would beat Fedor. I stated that fact as pertaining to who has the better resume.

Silva stopped the guy who later went on to stop Fedor. You can't just ignore that fact and once again, you can't say Fedor was past prime. Fedor is younger than Hendo and bigger than Hendo. That was a legit win by Hendo and it's a legit credit on Anderson and Hendo's resumes.
        Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

He don't want it with Jones, and I really don't blame him.

Saying "let's fight at 192" = "I know, and you know, you can't cut that much weight, so lets just stop talking about this fight, ok???
          He don't want it with Jones because half of his teammates are fighting at 205. He doesn't want to hold the belt and prevent them from getting a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
            He don't want it with Jones because half of his teammates are fighting at 205. He doesn't want to hold the belt and prevent them from getting a title shot.
            Then why not a 200 lb. catchweight??? Why 192?

Silva has dominated at 205. Jones is an unknown at 192, **** even 200.

Comment

What decline? Fedor has always had hard fights his whole career. Even though he was unbeaten for so long it doesn't mean he went through all his opponents with ease.

Bigfoot Silva beat Fedor because he was the first big HW that had skill and actually used strategy against Fedor. Not because Fedor was past prime. Fedor has always been a small HW who has either faced other HW around his size or big hw who weren't that skilled. Big Foot was the first HW that he faced that had both those elements.

yes Fedor was considered the greatest fighter in his prime and WAS the most accomplished at that time. But Anderson has since surpassed him.

are you crazy? You don't think Silva has GOAT skill set? Why just because he doesn't have good wrestling? lol. He has BY FAR the best standup in mma and has decent enough BJJ to sub Chael and Hendo. Just ask Damien Maia who couldn't take Silva down in their fight. Yes chael took Silva down with ease but Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA.

And yes Fedor has a great overall skill set but he isn't without weakness. Just look at how easily Hendo reversed Fedor's mount and how easily Werdum subbed Fedor. That showed some big weakness to me.

Why even compare them 1on1 in a fight. Fedor is 2 divisions above Silva. We're just comparing resume here and Silva has the better resume IMO.

I never used the triangle theory. I used the better resume theory. When I said Hendo beat Fedor and Silva beat Hendo, that wasn't to say that Silva would beat Fedor. I stated that fact as pertaining to who has the better resume.

Silva stopped the guy who later went on to stop Fedor. You can't just ignore that fact and once again, you can't say Fedor was past prime. Fedor is younger than Hendo and bigger than Hendo. That was a legit win by Hendo and it's a legit credit on Anderson and Hendo's resumes.
              Silva's resume does not surpass Fedor's. His run at MW is pretty damn over rated. I'll give Hendo/Vitor/Chael. When has he faced an ELITE kick boxer?

Also, Silva isn't by far the best striker in MMA AT ALL.

You ever hear of guys like Aldo/Pettis/Tyrone Spong/Manhoff/Jimi Manuwa/Gegard Mousasi???

In a straight up striking match, Spong/Manhoff/Mauwa take Silva's head OFF. Gegard could beat him on points.

Also, bringing in skill sets has a ton to do with whose better P4P. Why the hell don't you think he doesn't want to fight Jones? If Jones was some stumbling, jack ass like Forrest Griffin, he'd sign off in 2 nano seconds.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Then why not a 200 lb. catchweight??? Why 192?

Silva has dominated at 205. Jones is an unknown at 192, **** even 200.
                I don't know about this catchweight thing. its the first I'm hearing of it.

Silva's resume does not surpass Fedor's. His run at MW is pretty damn over rated. I'll give Hendo/Vitor/Chael. When has he faced an ELITE kick boxer?

Also, Silva isn't by far the best striker in MMA AT ALL.

You ever hear of guys like Aldo/Pettis/Tyrone Spong/Manhoff/Jimi Manuwa/Gegard Mousasi???

In a straight up striking match, Spong/Manhoff/Mauwa take Silva's head OFF. Gegard could beat him on points.

Also, bringing in skill sets has a ton to do with whose better P4P. Why the hell don't you think he doesn't want to fight Jones? If Jones was some stumbling, jack ass like Forrest Griffin, he'd sign off in 2 nano seconds.
                you're severely overrating a bunch of fighters just to underrate Silva. Your arguments are starting to get silly.

really no point in arguing when you're saying crazy stuff like that.

Comment

lmao Henderson losing a razor thin loss to rampage makes him a cherry pick for Anderson lol, so Jon Jones is sooooo much better for beating rampage, machida and rashad who were coming off wins against Hamil, couture and Phil Davis when neither were top 5 wins that should earn u a title shot.

Anderson Silva haters are gonna hate. Their no worse then Floyd haters. First "aw this guy will give him trouble" Anderson destroys them and then all the sudden "o they were tailor made cherry picks."

It will be the same story after weidman. Before Jon Jones "GSP will give Anderson the fight of his life his style is one to give it to Silva." Jones steps on the scene now "OMFG Andersons cherry picking the smaller GSP instead of Jon Jones!

lol f the haters freaking ridiculous

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                    lmao Henderson losing a razor thin loss to rampage makes him a cherry pick for Anderson lol, so Jon Jones is sooooo much better for beating rampage, machida and rashad who were coming off wins against Hamil, couture and Phil Davis when neither were top 5 wins that should earn u a title shot.

Anderson Silva haters are gonna hate. Their no worse then Floyd haters. First "aw this guy will give him trouble" Anderson destroys them and then all the sudden "o they were tailor made cherry picks."

It will be the same story after weidman. Before Jon Jones "GSP will give Anderson the fight of his life his style is one to give it to Silva." Jones steps on the scene now "OMFG Andersons cherry picking the smaller GSP instead of Jon Jones!

lol f the haters freaking ridiculous

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    exactly. all these arguments against Silva is just a bunch of weak sauce.

They diss Silva's win over Henderson when not realizing they are directly downgrading their own argument cuz Fedor lost to Hendo. But when you point that out, they say "Fedor was past it." lol Hendo is older than Fedor. Hell, even Anderson is older than Fedor.

Ridiculous.
                    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

So why doesn't Silva fight Jones at 205 in a non title fight? Then he doesn't hold the belt and they all still get title shots. And I disagree, unless Silva beats Jones, his resume does not surpass Fedor's. Fedor was past it, but not completely shot, so I won't discredit Henderson's win over him, nor would I do so with Silva's win over Hendo either though. Still a big fan of Silva though, consider him a close second and hope he retires still with the belt, but I guess some will still call me a "hater".

If Silva stays at middle, defends the title a few more times and then retires, then this will be like the old Ali vs. Louis arguments over who was the GOAT heavyweight or the Robinson, Langford, Charles discussions over whose the pound for pound (p4p) greatest of all time (GOAT) boxer. Legit arguments can be made for both sides. With heavyweight boxing, do you go with the guy who became the first to win the lineal heavyweight title 3 times or the guy who defended it the longest once? With MMA, do you go with the guy with the longer winning streak or the guy who held a title belt the longest?
                      Last edited by Anthony342; 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X