No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Face Klitschko on April 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Face Klitschko on April 6

Philadelphia, PA—Undefeated heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings is more than willing to challenge heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko on April 6 in Germany, according to Jennings’ promoter, J Russell Peltz.

“I cannot understand why Klitschko’s people are having such a tough time finding someone to fight,” Peltz said. “I spoke with their American representatives a few weeks ago and offered Jennings but I was told we were not being considered.”

Jennings, 28, of Philadelphia, is ranked No. 3 by the IBF and No. 22 by the WBC. He turned pro in 2010 and is 16-0, 8 K0s, and he holds the USBA heavyweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As a fan of Boxing, I'd rather see Klitschko v Jennings than 99.9% of other Heavyweight fights being offered. So what if he's young and untested? He might cause a surprise and entertain us all in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Philadelphia, PA—Undefeated heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings is more than willing to challenge heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko on April 6 in Germany, according to Jennings’ promoter, J Russell Peltz.

“I cannot understand why Klitschko’s people are having such a tough time finding someone to fight,” Peltz said. “I spoke with their American representatives a few weeks ago and offered Jennings but I was told we were not being considered.”

Jennings, 28, of Philadelphia, is ranked No. 3 by the IBF and No. 22 by the WBC. He turned pro in 2010 and is 16-0, 8 K0s, and he holds the USBA heavyweight title.
      I don't think Jennings would beat wlad. but at least it would be a fresh opponent.

Comment

Jennings said a few weeks ago he'd take the fight with Wladimir...

But at that time his promoter said "no, not yet". Looks like his promoter has changed his mind.

Jennings is a good fighter, although ideally he should have more experience before going in with Wladimir. But past HW champs have fought opponents with even fewer fights (for example, Ali fought Spinks).

Nice to see Bryant set an example and be enough of a warrior to take the fight, when so many more experienced heavyweights are ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMegLlo83 View Post
          As a fan of Boxing, I'd rather see Klitschko v Jennings than 99.9% of other Heavyweight fights being offered. So what if he's young and untested? He might cause a surprise and entertain us all in the process.
          I agree.

Jennings is much better than the likes of Oquendo and Mormeck.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Lets do it. Oquendo and solis are bums coated to Jennings. No reason why not. Strike while the iron is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I agree.

Jennings is much better than the likes of Oquendo and Mormeck.

Audley Harrison > JMM

Comment

It's simple. The first thought I had was - Jennings is clearly not ready for this huge step up. Second thought was - who the hell else out there is there?? Seth Mitchel could stop Banks in 5 seconds and no one is going to call for a K brother to fight the chinless wonder. Fatso Solis is where? Or I should say how fat now? Not a whole lot of pickings in the heavyweight division other than the pickings Solis finds at a buffet.

Comment

Better then any other fighter Wlad is rumored to be fighting next.

Comment

He's not bad, and I like him but his promoter is stupid to throw him in there though. There is very few American prospects, he's definitely a lot better than Deontay Windmill. But he's not ready yet. He's not going to outbox Wladimir though... To beat Wladimir you have to hurt him and take him out and Jennings can't do that. Chris Byrd tried to outbox Wladimir and he got smoked in both fights and he's more skilled than Jennings.

But I wouldn't mind seeing the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X