No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales: Beating Garcia is Important To My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales: Beating Garcia is Important To My Career

Former four division champion Erik Morales (52-8, 36KOs) says a lot is on the line when he faces WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (24-0, 15KOs) on October 20th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Garcia decisioned Morales, 36-years-old, after dropping him in the eleventh round back in March. Morales exercised a rematch clause to get Garcia back in the ring. Morales was out of shape for their March fight and for the first time in his long career he was unable to make weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Morales pulls off the upset, I ****ing hate Danny Garcias Dad!

Comment

Lol didn't he say this for the first fight Garcia knocks him out this time

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Former four division champion Erik Morales (52-8, 36KOs) says a lot is on the line when he faces WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (24-0, 15KOs) on October 20th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Garcia decisioned Morales, 36-years-old, after dropping him in the eleventh round back in March. Morales exercised a rematch clause to get Garcia back in the ring. Morales was out of shape for their March fight and for the first time in his long career he was unable to make weight.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Hope Morales comes in shape this time. Also hope the judges do a better job as well. The scoring was horrible in the first fight!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Lol didn't he say this for the first fight Garcia knocks him out this time
            No that was someone else, but you know Danny has no skill just a punchers chance, I think Morales has learned from the 1st loss and will outbox Danny to a decision!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Hope Morales comes in shape this time. Also hope the judges do a better job as well. The scoring was horrible in the first fight!
              X2 I had Morales winning most of the 1st fight till the knockdown, but the judges who knows what they were watching?

Comment

it will depend on how morales will prepare for this fight... skill-wise, this version of morales is still capable of beating garcia convincingly...

personally, morales created this hypejob... its just natural for him to end it...

Comment

We'll see how Danny does with being the consensus favorite in this fight.

Angel Garcia is good with trying to keep in his mind that they're the underdogs doing everything against all odds, but this one is a test to see if Danny can keep that mentality and try to solidify himself. Keep giving Morales chances and he is gonna pull one of these fights out....Danny has to make Erik know early that he's the man now. angel gets flack but I like their approach to boxing
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-02-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                    I hope Morales pulls off the upset, I ****ing hate Danny Garcias Dad!
                    Yes and No

I like upsets when they are done by a young boxer. If Morales wins then we have to watch Morales fight again which can't be great for his health. But then again he has been only knocked out once so....who knows

Comment

Working...
                    X