Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair for 31 year old Prime Veterans to fight kids at the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it fair for 31 year old Prime Veterans to fight kids at the Olympics?

Is it? I don't think it is.
    No. Change the age rules
    52.63%
    Yes. I like seeing Prime Fighters fight Green kids
    47.37%

They should change the rules.

30 year old is prime age for a lot of boxers, that's highly unfair for someone with 10-12 years of boxing experience to go fight kids who's 19-21 with 2-3 years of boxing experience.

Comment

Is it fair to match young up and coming fighter with youth, speed, strength advantage against a past prime boxer unable to cope in the pro game?

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Is it fair to match young up and coming fighter with youth, speed, strength advantage against a past prime boxer unable to cope in the pro game?
        Ya it is, even a past prime fighter around 30-32 should beat up most kids. It is what it is. This is sports. Prime is around 29-32, for a lot of divisions. Obviously fighters vary. But the majority of higher weight fighters peak around 29-32 33ish.

Comment

Forget the judges, forget the scoring system.

The biggest farce at the Olympics in terms of boxing is how we have grown ass men beating up kids with limited experience.

Anyone over 30 should either retire or turn pro. It's a joke how they stay around and fight guys in their early 20's rofl.

Comment

You can't be over 35, which seems a bit random seeing your past it by then.

I would make it under 25 or your first Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              You can't be over 35, which seems a bit random seeing your past it by then.

I would make it under 25 or your first Olympics.
              I 100% agree. 25-26 is it. Nobody during their 'prime age' should be fighting at the Olympics when it comes to boxing. Because boxing is a sport where it really does matter a lot in regards to age.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
                They should change the rules.

30 year old is prime age for a lot of boxers, that's highly unfair for someone with 10-12 years of boxing experience to go fight kids who's 19-21 with 2-3 years of boxing experience.
                Why change the rules? The kid can't deal with a prime boxer? Well he's not good enough for the Olympics. Try again in 4/8 years, when you are at your prime. Want to turn pro instead? That's your choice. The prime fighter in the Olympics made the choice of not turning pro so he can get a good shot at an Olympic gold, but will most likely never be a professionnal World Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
                  Is it? I don't think it is.
                  Already with excuses?

Haha, now you will want an age limit for Joshua in the Pros?

or guys between, 26 and 33 are prohibited for him? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
                    Already with excuses?

Haha, now you will want an age limit for Joshua in the Pros?

or guys between, 26 and 33 are prohibited for him? lol
                    He beat the living **** out of Dracko in the third, he beat the living **** out of the Italian in the third.

The 3rd is championship rounds. Which means in the pros he will deliver when it matters.

Honestly? Both Dracko and this Italian look like they were gonna be brutally knocked out if it had gone 4-5 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X