Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teacher Fed Up With Students Swearing, Stealing, And Destroying Property Speaks Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Liberal parenting and social media are 2 of the biggest enemies to education.
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
      don't know if anybody has seen this series VICE did a while back.

go to 2:55 - there is something seriously wrong with this girl.

this was a good series, theres something seriously wrong with all of them, that school is for kids that are too bad to go to regulars schools lol.. they have severe mental issues

Comment

this lady must work in a school full of ******s.. chewing pencils and throwing it at her?

its her first year and she gets no respect, lady thought shlt was gonna be sweet lol

in middle school my spanish teach was preggo so we had an old lady replace her.. no one listened to her, people would throw stuff across class every day be loud as fuk, even out the window sometimes and i mean the 'good' kids acted up like this too

you have to command respect not just expect kids to be little angels

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I didn't miss the point. I think she took none of the responsibility. Well she shouldn't be allowed to discipline beyond a certain point.

It's surely difficult to teach in certain schools, especially in poor, urban areas. The question is why? Is it just because the kids are bad, or is it a combination of factors, some individual, some societal, some systemic that caused this?

No they don't, that is because rural schools don't always have to deal with the same circumstances as inner city schools.

How would you know what conversations happen among blacks relative to education? Or what we take responsibility for? Surely you shouldn't base your opinion purely on discussions you see on TV. Conversations happen outside of TV which you are not privy to.

The problem is caused by multiple factors, some of the causes are outside the black community. We need to address all of them. That said, if you fail as a teacher, you should accept some of the responsibility.

I can accept that historic problems have caused some inequalities; what I can't accept is that anything other than parenting, is the cause of children not having proper hygiene, or manners.

I guess every single teacher that has ever tried to teach at most of these inner-city schools are failures, then, because only a few kids pass end of year tests, or have reading/writing/math levels up to their grade.

There's nothing teachers can do past a certain point - that's what she was saying.

And poor rural areas have just as many issues - although they may be different - but they still have the same type of low budget to work with, and the same level of socioeconomics.

Hell, even White kids who come from the poorest environments STILL SCORE EQUAL TO, OR HIGHER THAN, black kids who come from the burbs, or from upper-middle, and wealthy families! And no, I don't want to hear "how I scored well on my tests," or "how I have done this, or that," because that doesn't matter - of course there are plenty of black kids, poor and wealthy, who find success in academia, but when looking at the overall average, it's absolutely mind-blowing how far behind black kids are..

Comment

Props to her. She is a brave woman. She as a teacher is disrespected by parents, students, administration, and by society according to her speech but she’s still there trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Liberal parenting and social media are 2 of the biggest enemies to education.
              Does liberal parenting = expecting schools to do the parenting as well as educating children?

Comment

How would you know what conversations happen among blacks relative to education? Or what we take responsibility for? Surely you shouldn't base your opinion purely on discussions you see on TV. Conversations happen outside of TV which you are not privy to.

The problem is caused by multiple factors, some of the causes are outside the black community. We need to address all of them. That said, if you fail as a teacher, you should accept some of the responsibility.
                The problem is and we might disagree on this and it’s only my opinion is that it’s so hard to talk about problems with the black community in regards to education because there’s always a racism excuse. Not saying it doesn’t factor in but it’s rare that you see talking heads on TV touch on the topic of parenting and creating a culture of putting education as top priority.

Example- AA scored lowest on average on standardized test. Ohh the the test is racially biased
                AA have the highest percentage of suspension in urban school. Ohh the district doesn’t know how to deal with AA or they’re being targeted.

The conversation at least on my local areas news always go back to race but never touch on personal accountability.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. It is a combination of student and teacher in most cases. But there are always cases where the students are completely out of control.

what is interesting is from the video, almost everyone looks to be white. SO maybe this isn't an inner city school. Notice how some posters automatically assume it is.

She teaches at Youngstown Ohio
                  https://www.wkbn.com/local-news/vide...ked/1097984991

The school population is 69% black
                  13% Hispanic
                  11%white
                  According to this
                  https://www.greatschools.org/ohio/yo...Race_ethnicity

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    She teaches at Youngstown Ohio
                    https://www.wkbn.com/local-news/vide...ked/1097984991

The school population is 69% black
                    13% Hispanic
                    11%white
                    According to this
                    https://www.greatschools.org/ohio/yo...Race_ethnicity
                    Well at least we have confirmation. Youngstown Ohio. I don’t know how hood that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      I agree that teachers need to take responsibility at times but when you're in a district that restricts what can be done as well as not implementing policy to help resolve behavior problems then the teachers hands are tied. Has to start at home. I wasn't the model student but I knew not to act up in school cause I knew I would have to go home and see my father. I actually just wrote a paper on behavior problems in school and recent studies done on uniform policies coupled with in-school programs to help kids. Stuff is crazy nowadays

Comment

Working...
                      X