Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better, Rigo against Donaire or Loma against Russell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Awesome.

I did Galway, Killarney, Limerick and Dublin. Toured the Ring of Kerry, and the Cliffs of Moher. Had great fun at the pubs with the locals, and ate great food everywhere. (I understand the food quality has soared over the years.) Can’t say enough good things. I’d recommend that trip to anyone.
    Yea hit all the same and some others but I did miss the Cliffs of Moher.Thinkin about takin GF there maybe next year.Only vaca even been on in my life by myself but they just took me in wherever I was.Best vaca ever

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Yea hit all the same and some others but I did miss the Cliffs of Moher.Thinkin about takin GF there maybe next year.Only vaca even been on in my life by myself but they just took me in wherever I was.Best vaca ever
      You’ll be taking the proverbial sand to the beach. Lol Lots of pretty girls out there, and friendly, too. Everyone is gregarious, actually. It’s part of the culture, as you know. Don’t miss the Cliffs this time. Breathtaking sight. Hope the weather is as good for you as it was for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        You’ll be taking the proverbial sand to the beach. Lol Lots of pretty girls out there, and friendly, too. Everyone is gregarious, actually. It’s part of the culture, as you know. Don’t miss the Cliffs this time. Breathtaking sight. Hope the weather is as good for you as it was for me.
        Well don't think I'm gonna choice on the sand to beach part lol.But yea had good time 1st time being single and yea I went during ST Pattys day and it was like 70 that day.In 3 weeks only had 1-2 days were it rained all day.And yea ill have to chech out the Cliffs this time.Plan on hitting the North again too.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Nor does the fact Donaire was a natural flyweight. If Lomachenko had beaten Donaire it would be **** on and if Rigo outclassed Russell and Walters (who is better than Donaire) they would be praised.
          Styles makes fights. Donaire weakness are boxers. He doesn't look good against them because he is a counterpuncher. That was an excellent win for Rigo because Donaire was more accomplished than Russell. Russell is visually impressive and in his loss never stopped trying to win.

Rigor's fight looked better but does not take away that his style is not appealing to the masses

Comment

I thought Rigo did and Donaire was top 3 P4P at the time. That Lomachenko performance was great though but I don't view GRJ as a great fighter at all. Can't believe a lot of people were riding with Russell on that one, I knew Lomachenko would easily take it. Gary still hasn't done anything of note and his only claim to fame is whooping an old ass Gonzalez.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
              nah walters was inactive for a whole year and rigo destroyed nonito before walters, nonito was at his peak and destroying everyone in his path till he met his daddy rigondeaux...
              1 year is common in the game. Rigo beat donaire but axeman destroyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                nah walters was inactive for a whole year and rigo destroyed nonito before walters, nonito was at his peak and destroying everyone in his path till he met his daddy rigondeaux...
                Agreed. fanboys tend to forget how good donaire was back then. Rigondeaux took his soul for sure. he, donaire, hasn't being the same since. walter's fought a shadow of donaires, older and heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                  1 year is common in the game. Rigo beat donaire but axeman destroyed him.
                  how many years after Rigondeaux took donaires confidence, and at what weight?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    how many years after Rigondeaux took donaires confidence, and at what weight?
                    The same Nonito was getting hurt and beaten by old Vic the next fight and Vic was doing better then Rigo did. He thought about quitting, lucky he got that shot in. Nonito was already fading. The cracks were there before the Rigo fight.

Comment

it baffles me that people here don't know or don't take into account that donaire was thinking at the time about laying up the gloves, just had a child didn't train properly for that fight, didn't have a fantastic training camp, that was not the best donaire there ever was, think Rigo got him at just the right time, when he started his decline, and donaire may have been high on the p4p rankings but didn't he get outboxed by darchiniyan before he knocked him out? i guess i'm just not as high on Donaire as other people.
                      it was still very good win nonetheless, i would put it over russell but not over walters, who has always had long layoffs, check boxrec if you don't believe me
                      ,anyway it doesn't matter because Lomachenko is a whole different animal then Donaire,
                      and Rigo is a whole other animal then Walters.
                      Last edited by EL_GRINGO; 11-19-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X