Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter called off the fight because he knew Khan was looking for a way out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
    Uppercut to the nuts hurt.

But, Tomato Khan could have continued .
    It's all mental. If a guy needs a time out or a way out, those shots are the perfect reason.

A protected area causing a guy to QUIT over getting hit on unprotected areas !!!!!!!!!

And fight fans believe it !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      LOL where he got hit made it worse BECAUSE of the cup, I can tell you have never taken a nut shot before with a protective cup on. Those are designed for direct hits not inner thigh shots where it will fold on the side.

Amir was getting battered but that nut shot was Bud being desperate to finish him. LOL at him being PfP or the kingpin at 147.
      I actually have and it's usually an up shot that hurts. Theres a reason you'll see fighters act like they got hit in the nuts but it was really above the nut area or to the hip. They just feel the protector shift. They work that good.

Comment

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/st...24008327749632
        Virgil even admits that Khan quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          It's all mental. If a guy needs a time out or a way out, those shots are the perfect reason.

A protected area causing a guy to QUIT over getting hit on unprotected areas !!!!!!!!!

And fight fans believe it !!!!
          Well, he quit .
          You are allowed 5 minutes .
          He did not want to take his time even.
          Virgil saw the lining too.
          He know it was only a matter of time before Khan gets KO'd.

It is so freaking scary how Khan sticks his head up for a few seconds after he misses with combos on the inside.
          OMG! I can't believe the announcers did not even elaborate on that . Good Lord. These guys need to watch Roberto Duran videos or something .
          When you miss with combos inside., you don't freaking stand upright outside . Good Lord.
          And Virgil Hunter is supposed to be a great trainer .

Unbelievable .
          Khan has absolutely no defense inside . No idea about head placement . All earmuff defense .

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            Good Lord, and the Tomato Khan apologists came out of the woodwork.
            KHAN's OWN TRAINER SAID HE QUIT.
            Khan gave him that I give up look.
            That dog look .

Virgil will surely never work with Khan anymore b/c he has no upside anymore.
            He can go back to fighting cooks .

Comment

Well, he quit .
              You are allowed 5 minutes .
              He did not want to take his time even.
              Virgil saw the lining too.
              He know it was only a matter of time before Khan gets KO'd.

It is so freaking scary how Khan sticks his head up for a few seconds after he misses with combos on the inside.
              OMG! I can't believe the announcers did not even elaborate on that . Good Lord. These guys need to watch Roberto Duran videos or something .
              When you miss with combos inside., you don't freaking stand upright outside . Good Lord.

Unbelievable .
              Khan has absolutely no defense inside . No idea about head placement . All earmuff defense .
              It was a mismatch the moment it was signed. No one outside of Khans cult thought he stood a chance. Now they're conjuring up how his sack didn't have enough protection

In the end, Virgil protected him

ByeBye Khan, you cvnt

Comment

I believe this also. He knew Khan was taking a beating and this was a good time to pull him out of the fight while he had a moment to do that. He only used maybe a minute of the 5 minutes, so when Khan says he couldn't feel his legs or whatever he said, it's like, umm, buddy, you still had another 4 minutes to sit and chill. Watch some Netflix and then get back into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Khan was hurt in every round and was on the verge of a brutal KO loss throughout. No one is denying that. But you cannae knock a man out by punching him in the testicles!
                  Nobody made him quit

Comment

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                    That's is something that happens on network TV not ppv , I'm glad I didn't spend $
                    It's times like this which must make DAZN look appealing, price wise.

It makes no real difference to me as i'm not in USA, but it's getting harder to justify charging people $70 or whatever for Crawford v Khan when you can watch Canelo and co. for far less and a month of content. ..Especially when it's a card like last night.

Comment

He did a great job with Ward from a young age, but outside of that, he hasn't exactly improved many fighters or built champs.

That said, Khan is very unintelligent in and out of the ring, i think it's almost a lot cause trying to teach him things. He doesn't take it on board. He's made the same mistakes with every trainer, so i think the fault is with Khan and not Hunter.

There is a good video on BT Sports youtube channel from a few days ago breaking down tactics for this fight. Ben Davison (Fury's trainer) breaks down Khan's flaws perfectly, even pointing out things others had missed, such as using his back leg as the directional leg, thus having no solid base when he gets caught. It was a good watch. Davison has a very smart boxing brain.

Comment

Working...
                      X