Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arthur Abraham's selection of Mahir Oral shameless Cherry Picking? Poll, Discuss!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
    Did Lockett and Rubio suck?

Oral is better than Rubio! He's never been stopped, and would never be KOed in the first round by his stablemate and friend Kofi Jantuah, nor in the second round by a journeyman like Saul Roman.
    Locket was a cool down fight after having fought Miranda, Taylor then Taylor again. Rubio was a mandatory and a comeback fight after having fought and lost to Bernard Hopkins(top 5 P4P and 10 lbs above MW). What's Abraham's reason for fighting Oral? He needs a comeback from fighting Lajuan Simon?? But all that aside, Please don't pretend like you have any idea how good ORAL is compared to Locket or Rubio, because you don't.

Comment

Did Lockett and Rubio suck?

Oral is better than Rubio! He's never been stopped, and would never be KOed in the first round by his stablemate and friend Kofi Jantuah, nor in the second round by a journeyman like Saul Roman.
      oral lost to malik dziarra(who?) you also to fail to mention anyone he's actually beaten which is a bad sign. cause he's beaten nobody!

also lockett and rubio were mandatories is oral a mandatory? no!

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Locket was a cool down fight after having fought Miranda, Taylor then Taylor again. Rubio was a mandatory and a comeback fight after having fought and lost to Bernard Hopkins(top 5 P4P and 10 lbs above MW). What's Abraham's reason for fighting Oral? He needs a comeback from fighting Lajuan Simon?? But all that aside, Please don't pretend like you have any idea how good ORAL is compared to Locket or Rubio, because you don't.
        Don't pretend you know how bad he is compared to Rubio and Lockett, because you never heard of him before today!

On the other hand, I actually have heard of him and seen him fight. If you want to see a video of him in action, send me a PM, I'll give you a link so you can download one.

Your opinion is **** right now because it's based on ignorance.

He is better than Rubio.

Comment

no. its not like the middle weight division is deep and none of the top middles will fight him as of now. he has to stay active.
          Last edited by Zarco; 05-28-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            oral lost to malik dziarra(who?) you also to fail to mention anyone he's actually beaten which is a bad sign. cause he's beaten nobody!

also lockett and rubio were mandatories is oral a mandatory? no!
            Dziarra was 19-1, and it was Oral's 10th fight and he lost a decision.

Rubio's opponent Saul Roman was hardly better, and he KOed Rubio in the second round. And Oral's stablemate Kofi Jantuah KOed Rubio in the first round.

Neither Roman nor Jantuah are great fighters, but they both scored early KOs over Rubio.

Rubio never beat anybody half-decent, so how did he get mandatory status? Neither did Lockett - do you really believe he was a top 10 middleweight?

Comment

Don't pretend you know how bad he is compared to Rubio and Lockett, because you never heard of him before today!

On the other hand, I actually have heard of him and seen him fight. If you want to see a video of him in action, send me a PM, I'll give you a link so you can download one.

Your opinion is **** right now because it's based on ignorance.

He is better than Rubio.
              As I said, regardless of who is better aside. B/c if there is a difference in competition it is MARGINAL. Pavlik's fights were mandatories and comebacks. ORAL is a follow up to Simon? Abraham already fought his mandatory. You can't just fight mandatory equivalents. Also, as I said if Abraham wants to make something of himself it won't be enough to fold your arms and cry Pavlik didn't fight me. That will get him nothing. Open your eyes Tunney, there's a reason reaction to this fight all over NSB has been negative. AND NO it's not b/c everyone hates Europeans. It's because this is a weak fight. Period.

Comment

Abraham is so overrated it is a joke. Perhaps the most one-dimensional fighter out there today. Kelly beats him handily IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  no. its not like the middle weight division is deep and none of the top middles will fight him as of now. he has to stay active.
                  Whoa will the gentleman with the Felix Sturm avatar please exit the thread.. You've got bigger things to worry about!

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                    As I said, regardless of who is better aside. B/c if there is a difference in competition it is MARGINAL. Pavlik's fights were mandatories and comebacks. ORAL is a follow up to Simon? Abraham already fought his mandatory. You can't just fight mandatory equivalents. Also, as I said if Abraham wants to make something of himself it won't be enough to fold your arms and cry Pavlik didn't fight me. That will get him nothing. Open your eyes Tunney, there's a reason reaction to this fight all over NSB has been negative. AND NO it's not b/c everyone hates Europeans. It's because this is a weak fight. Period.
                    Oral isn't a European, he's a Turk. Like everyone else, I was disappointed because I wanted Abraham to face a higher-profile opponent.

But people should not disparage Oral just because they've never heard of him.

Comment

Oral isn't a European, he's a Turk. Like everyone else, I was disappointed because I wanted Abraham to face a higher-profile opponent.

But people should not disparage Oral just because they've never heard of him.
                      Like I said in the other thread about Abraham/Oral ;

Quit acting like Oral is a worldbeater, or anything more than a "gimme" fight for Abraham ; he's not.

If memory serves me correct ; you were one of the ones talking down about Kelly's performance (and selection) against Rubio.

Yet you have no problem with Abraham fighting Oral?

You're a walking contradiction.

Comment

Working...
                      X