No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Povetkin - Chagaev "silliest, fakest title bout in years"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    IT's stupid to have a supertitle, but this has been done by the wba for maaaany years. Nothing new at all.
    Dan is using hyperbole to draw attention to a reoccurring problem in boxing.

To many fake titles.
    Last edited by Evil Abed; 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

looking at the wba rankings for all weightclasses, I'm just at a loss for words.

It might be time people stop thinking of them as a major title.

Comment

Canelo vs Hatton was the ****test title fight. This is a good fight, but it shouldn't be for Wlad's title. This is the second time the WBA f**ked him over.

I bet when Wlad refuses to face the Thompson-Chambers winner (two guys he KO'ed already), the IBF will strip him too. Corrupt ass organizations...

Comment

I aint seen that much of Chagaev, but personally, from what I have seen, I dont rate him, he's too methodical and one paced imo, he reminds me of Solis in that respect.

A proper fight would be Povetkin vs Adamek, or even Povetkin vs Arreola, or even Peter, least they have relativity the same kind of physical dimensions, and they're all high contact fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            I aint seen that much of Chagaev, but personally, from what I have seen, I dont rate him, he's too methodical and one paced imo, he reminds me of Solis in that respect.

A proper fight would be Povetkin vs Adamek, or even Povetkin vs Arreola, or even Peter, least they have relativity the same kind of physical dimensions, and they're all high contact fighters.
            peter might want to win a fight first.

Comment

looking at the wba rankings for all weightclasses, I'm just at a loss for words.

It might be time people stop thinking of them as a major title.
              You could say the same about the WBC, IBF and to an only slightly lesser extent, the WBO. All of their rankings are a joke. The only respect in which the WBA is the worst is because of their bullshit so-called "super-titles". But their rankings are no worse than the WBC or the IBF and only slightly worse than the WBO.

Comment

peter might want to win a fight first.
                I dont care about that, as Peter has a style that would cooperate for a more exciting HW fight.

Comment

Chagaev back when he gave Valuev his first defeat was a helluva fighter. He certainly did far better than Haye did vs Valuev. I feel a bit bad for Chaggy as he has been the victim of rumors about his health, etc. I think he will get it together and defeat Povetkin, who has been totally messed up by Teddy.

Comment

Maybe months but not years this happens to often to really be upset over what do it matter at the end of the day if it leads to a Povetkin v Klitschko bout

Comment

what is dumb about it?

Povetkin is top5, and chagaev was top5 before he became inactive. Granted he hasn't looked great lately, but still.

WBA does this. So who should fight for that title?

Heres the wba rankings.

1. RUSLAN CHAGAEV (OC) UZB
                      2. ALEXANDER POVETKIN RUS
                      3. DENNIS BOYTSOV RUS
                      4. HASIM RAHMAN USA
                      5. DAVID HAYE U.K.
                      6. ALEXANDER USTINOV (EBA) RUS
                      7. ALEXANDER DIMITRENKO UKR
                      8. JEAN MARC MORMECK (WBA INT) FRA
                      9. ROBERT HELENIUS (WBA I/C) FIN
                      10. CHRIS ARREOLA USA
                      11. KALI MEEHAN AUS