Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcel Cerdan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cerdan on the cover of the Famous Ring Magazine (April 1947)

Comment

Great fighter. The movie last year about Edith Piaff had an interesting portrayal of him.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...147248-6931054

Comment

Marcel Cerdan v Tony Zale

Comment

Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
            Thanks. And I'am Glad We Agree On Something.
            I'm not doubting your statistics, & I know Box Rec don't get everything right.. Their listings read 117 fights 111 wins 0 draws with 65 KO's
            Only a slight difference, but increasing his resume by another 4 KO's..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              I'm not doubting your statistics, & I know Box Rec don't get everything right.. Their listings read 117 fights 111 wins 0 draws with 65 KO's
              Only a slight difference, but increasing his resume by another 4 KO's..

In certain era's, Boxrec are very shaky on things such as records etc. They have alot of Cerdans oppostion as 0 Fights, and they often change the result of fights etc Langford/Ketchel.

So at times they can be wrong about certain things, and it isnt good getting your information of there for boxing down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
                In certain era's, Boxrec are very shaky on things such as records etc. They have alot of Cerdans oppostion as 0 Fights, and they often change the result of fights etc Langford/Ketchel.

So at times they can be wrong about certain things, and it isnt good getting your information of there for boxing down the line.
                I'm fairly good on statistics, but I occasionaly need to brush up.. For example, after reading your initial post, I thought great, but didn't he have more fights than that? Although this may be considered a liberty, where would you suggest I look for future reference?

Comment

Working...
                X