No announcement yet.

Cardio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio

Any suggestions on a good cardio routine that will really benefit me for mma? My biggest weakness is definitely my cardio and I want to improve it ASAP.

Long distance vs. short, sprints, jumprope etc.. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

i can't really help ya too much, cause i don't do cardio hard. I would guess run 3 miles a day and swim a couple a mile or two

Comment

I would say definately jump rope. do like 3-5 5 min rounds with 30 - 60sec rest in between.

Ride a bike for a couple miles (try not to coast, put it on a gear and peddle your heart away)

Run/jog/walk (ro this on a trac kmade for it else your knees and shins will pay! trust me mine hurt all the time)

lots of push ups and situps

shadow boxing is really good

as you would know BJJ,Wrestling,Judo, all that and all striking sports are gooda cardio.

do you want to train for bursting or for constant flow. that can also change your regiment as well.

Comment

I like swimming, esp when its in the ocean but unfortunately its still kidna cold and i wont be swimming in the ocean for about month

Comment

I wanna be ready to fight early next year, I've already got a burst, it's just sustaining a high level for an extended period of time that is my biggest problem right now. If I'm rolling @ BJJ I'm totally gassed after 5-7 minutes, I need to be ready to go pretty hard for 3 5 minute rounds @ least if I wanna be able to compete.

Comment

are you calculating the 1 min break period?

I find it very helpfull to train with only a 30 sec break that way when i get a full min I feel super refreshed.

Definately do jumprope ALOT!

What do you do now?

Comment

Right now I jump rope and shadow box for my cardio. I don't have a bag so I can't do any bag work. I usually jumprope 3 3 minute rounds 3 or 4 times a week. I just haven't felt any noticeable results from it in the month or so I've been doing it. I will try to up it to 5 rounds, I'm usually gassed after 3.

Comment

thats prolly why you arn't seeing results.

Do it past when you gas. Force yourself to go on. be stubborn as ****. just push and push. thats what I do. I yell at myself in my head.

once you exceed your gas it will start to build

Comment

i have a lot of gas, but not the right kind.

Comment

Working...
                  X