Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who'd win between a 175lb Andre Ward VS 202lbs Eddie Chambers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who'd win between a 175lb Andre Ward VS 202lbs Eddie Chambers?

Ward usually goes up to around 175lbs after the weigh in, while Chambers weighed 202lbs against Adamek on the night. That is 27lbs weight difference, Chambers is expected to fight fellas 240lbs+ in HW division.

IMO Ward decisively beat Chambers on points. 118-110 for Ward. Ward would be too slick, more skilled and will be able to take away Chambers size advantage.

I know it can never happen due to the different decisions. But lets say from a fantasy standpoint, if the heavyweight entry point was still 175lbs.

I think Ward would beat anyone Adamek has beaten.

Comment

Ward by shutout maybe stoppage

Comment

Ward would beat most heavyweights. Would love to see Ward-Haye and watch Ward make Haye look lost for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
          I think Ward would beat anyone Adamek has beaten.
          Would be a bit hesitant about Arreola, but you're still probably on the money

Comment

In weight terms, I'd pick Ward to beat everyone south of David Haye

Comment

Chambers decapitates him

Comment

Lol at those thinking Andre Ward can beat any heavyweight or any top heavyweight or most top heavyweights. If he could, then what is he still doing at light heavyweight / super middleweight instead of ACTUALLY competing at REAL heavyweight? The answer is simple, which is that his chances of beating ANY top heavyweight is EXTREMELY low!

Despite being the same height as Andre Ward, Eddie Chambers has ACTUALLY competed and has had decent success at heavyweight. On the other hand, Andre Ward is totally unproven at heavyweight. So all his accomplishments below heavyweight are irrelevant when assessing his chances of beating a top heavyweight opponent at heavyweight.

I actually do think Eddie Chambers is the more skilled boxer than Andre Ward. His skills are the reasons why he has been able to compete against opponents MUCH bigger and stronger. Andre Ward is VASTLY overrated compared to Eddie Chambers who has underrated boxing skills but is by no means inferior.

Comment

I want Ward vs Fury lol

Comment

Working...
                  X