No announcement yet.

What is going on in Wilder’s Camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on in Wilder’s Camp?

I’m starting to shake my head over the different narratives emerging from Wilder’s camp.

After Wilder/Fury II, Wilder said basically he had a lot going on, it would be explained later, and the best man on the night won.

I thought that was well said and that he should leve it at that, return to the gum and come out stronger and more ready for the third fight. Fast forward several months. After yet another “explaination” of what went wrong in fight II, I am at a loss for words at the constant shifting of narratives from Wilder’s camp.

There was Mark Breland being made into a scapegoat. There was the costume story (which in my personal view actually was the most coherent narrative, strange as it was).

But I was left completely surprised with this new narrative on an autopsy being done on Deontay Wilder and a dent being found in his head. I’m not even sure what’s going on anymore.

Any opinions on what’s going on in Wilder’s camp? As a boxing nut, I am used to an excuse (Pacquiao’s shoulder, Haye’s toe, etc.) but I just don’t get what Wilder’s team is trying to accomplish anymore. He could still win the III fight (unless, of course, he really is dead), but at this point, these lame ass narratives are helping no one.

And as a side note: Any posters with a medical background, could you please explain what Marcellus might be talking about here when he referenced the autopsy and the head dent?
    Last edited by Ghost Jab; 07-01-2020, 12:44 AM.

Originally posted by Ghost Jab View Post
    I’m starting to shake my head over the different narratives emerging from Wilder’s camp.

After Wilder/Fury II, Wilder said basically he had a lot going on, it would be explained later, and the best man on the night won.

I thought that was well said and that he should leve it at that, return to the gum and come out stronger and more ready for the third fight. Fast forward several months. After yet another “explaination” of what went wrong in fight II, I am at a loss for words at the constant shifting of narratives from Wilder’s camp.

There was Mark Breland being made into a scapegoat. There was the costume story (which in my personal view actually was the most coherent narrative, strange as it was).

But I was left completely surprised with this new narrative on an autopsy being done on Deontay Wilder and a dent being found in his head. I’m not even sure what’s going on anymore.

Any opinions on what’s going on in Wilder’s camp? As a boxing nut, I am used to an excuse (Pacquiao’s shoulder, Haye’s toe, etc.) but I just don’t get what Wilder’s team is trying to accomplish anymore. He could still win the III fight (unless, of course, he really is dead), but at this point, these lame ass narratives are helping no one.

And as a side note: Any posters with a medical background, could you please explain what Marcellus might be talking about here when he referenced the autopsy and the head dent?
    I've no medical training, but I don't believe Wilder would be medically fit to fight this year - if ever - of he really had a dent like that in his skull. Marcellus also said that members of Deontay's team were involved in a cover up of Fury's alleged glove tampering, so how can he work with them for the rematch after that?

I think Wilder might be about to pull out of the fight, and he's getting his excuses ready. And yes, they would be bizarre excuses, but bizarre excuses seem to be a thing with Wilder.

Comment

he got bitten by a snake

Comment

I think they already accepted defeat honestly.

Comment

I thought nothing could top the outfit but the autopsy

I didn't know Wilder passed on. RIP champ.

Last edited by Beercules; 07-01-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X