No announcement yet.

HBO ref cam!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO ref cam!!

Did anyone else think that HBO missed a trick by under utilizing the ref cam on Kenny Bayless?
    I thought it was a great idea to implement it in the Khan/Garcia fight but the only footage I saw was the final count Khan was given before the fight was stopped. Its a shame that they didn't show more of this footage in between rounds or after the fight because there were some quality exchanges taking place and Bayless had the best view in the house.

Big mistake by HBO in my opinion.

They definitely should have showed what the first KD looked like on the refcam.

Comment

i thought that was a great idea and yea, they should have used it more

HBO should upload the entire fight on their site...i'd love to watch it from the ref's POV

Comment

Where on in his body was the ref cam placed? I don't remember seeing anything on him.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i thought that was a great idea and yea, they should have used it more

HBO should upload the entire fight on their site...i'd love to watch it from the ref's POV
          I was wondering the same thing and if it was possible to watch the rest of the footage from their site. Hopefully we will see more of it in the future. Might also be a useful tool for the judges to use in the future.

Comment

I would have liked to see Khan's face after the first knockdown on the ref cam.

Comment

Its a great addition, gave me a surprise when they first used it during the fight.

As others have said, would of been good if they showed us something like the knockdowns from the refs POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                Did anyone else think that HBO missed a trick by under utilizing the ref cam on Kenny Bayless?
                I thought it was a great idea to implement it in the Khan/Garcia fight but the only footage I saw was the final count Khan was given before the fight was stopped. Its a shame that they didn't show more of this footage in between rounds or after the fight because there were some quality exchanges taking place and Bayless had the best view in the house.

Big mistake by HBO in my opinion.
                Maybe,but I loved that they showed it for the final KD..It showed why Bayless stopped the fight..Khan's blanked out for a min there..Bayless was willing to give Khan all of the chances he could,but when he seen that he had no choice..Bayless the best in the business..Great stoppage and great idea by HBO...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Where on in his body was the ref cam placed? I don't remember seeing anything on him.
                  Most likely hook on his shirt or tie...

Comment

Following fights I would have loved a ref cam for:

Mills Lane- Tyson/Holyfield II

Jay Nady- Trinidad/Vargas

Jay Nady- Kostya/Judah

Richard Steele- Chavez SR/Meldric Taylor

Anyone else?

Feel free to add!!!!
                    Last edited by jri9d0; 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X