Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the great heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 to 25 Id say

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Love the name, avatar and over the top post.

Good alt so far. Keep up the good work!
      I'm being serious. He's in an era with fat heavyweights

Comment

He's a Hall of Famer and the greatest of this era, not sure about all time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          Around 150-200
          Can you list the other 149 Heavyweight that you have higher?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
            You always discredit them.

It's easy to pick holes in any fighter's resume. You can be an asshole and sit back and say all his opponents are bums. Some fool could say all of Tyson's opponents were bums, or all Ali's opponents were no good.

But the truth is, Wlad has dominated a lot of very good heavyweights and stopped a LOT of fighters who had never been stopped before. Lennox Lewis only stopped ONE opponent who had never previously been stopped, Wlad has stopped at least 15.

Some of those like Brock, Barrett, Bostice, Shufford, McCline, Peter and others were surprisingly highly regarded BEFORE they fought Wlad but never the same after being brutally beaten. Other good heavyweights like Axel Shultz and Sultan Ibragimov retired after being dominated by Wlad.
            The highlighted means nothing. If I beat 10 guys that are all 1-0, then that means I just stopped 10 fighters who have never been stopped before. Doesnt mean anything in terms of greatness, especially if those opponents were not top fighters in the division.
            His dominance is impressive, and I give him a lot of credit for that.

pretending like Shufford, Bostice, and Barrett are good wins is what makes you such a joke sometimes on these forums. Ive already stated that Brock, McCline and Peter were good wins as well.

your bias makes you look like a jackass all the time(although its on the internet so it doesnt really matter), and it shows again when you try to make someone like me out to be a Klitschko hater, when in reality I hold them in higher regard than most other people and only put Wladimir about 5 places lower than yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              The highlighted means nothing. If I beat 10 guys that are all 1-0, then that means I just stopped 10 fighters who have never been stopped before. Doesnt mean anything in terms of greatness, especially if those opponents were not top fighters in the division.
              His dominance is impressive, and I give him a lot of credit for that.

pretending like Shufford, Bostice, and Barrett are good wins is what makes you such a joke sometimes on these forums. Ive already stated that Brock, McCline and Peter were good wins as well.

your bias makes you look like a jackass all the time(although its on the internet so it doesnt really matter), and it shows again when you try to make someone like me out to be a Klitschko hater, when in reality I hold them in higher regard than most other people and only put Wladimir about 5 places lower than yourself.
              In his book, if you don't worship both brothers and kiss their picture before breakfast every morning, then that proves you're a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
                You think Tony Thompson was a good win, don't you? You'll never find me claim that.

Barrett has only one close decision loss when he fought Wlad. He had never been knocked down. Wlad knocked him down five time, he was in bad shape and bleeding badly at the end of it.

Bostice was a confident young 21-1 fighter who had never been stopped. Wlad knocked him down twice in the first and twice in the second. Bostice wept openly on his stool after it was over. He was mentally damaged, never a confident fighter after that beating, and then lost to opponents he would have previously beaten.

Shufford was well-regarded before he fought Wlad, having only decision one loss. He had never been knocked down in a fight. After being knocked down in an early round, and later KOed by a beautiful left hook (one of my favorite Wlad KOs) Shufford was never a confident fighter and lost more fights.
                I think Tony Thompson is about as good of a fighter as Wladimir has beaten ability wise...

If someone would give him a shot, I think he'd beat some of the other good fighters on Wladimir's resume, like Chagaev.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  If you're not bright enough to understand that I'm talking about how they were regarded BEFORE they fought Wlad, that clearly makes YOU a joke.

Barrett had only one close decision loss when he fought Wlad. He had never been knocked down. Wlad knocked him down five time, he was in bad shape and bleeding badly at the end of it.

Bostice was a confident young 21-1 fighter who had never been stopped. Wlad knocked him down twice in the first and twice in the second. Bostice wept openly on his stool after it was over. He was mentally damaged, never a confident fighter after that beating, and then lost to opponents he would have previously beaten.

Shufford was well-regarded before he fought Wlad, having only decision one loss. He had never been knocked down in a fight. After being knocked down in an early round, and later KOed by a beautiful left hook (one of my favorite Wlad KOs) Shufford was never a confident fighter and lost more fights.
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    I think Tony Thompson is about as good of a fighter as Wladimir has beaten ability wise...

If someone would give him a shot, I think he'd beat some of the other good fighters on Wladimir's resume, like Chagaev.
                    Thompson is awkward, big and strong, but a faster, clever southpaw boxer like Chagaev would very likely beat him (he beat Valuev and Virchis, who was ranked in the top 10 at the time).

Thompson was outboxed and defeated by a smaller, quicker southpaw in Eric Kirkland.

Comment

Wlad is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. He is just entering his prime and he already has a very impressive resume.

- Most dominant fighter in the world

- Has cleaned out the HW division

- Lineal/IBF/WBO/IBO/RING Unified heavyweight champion of the world

- Olympic Gold Medalist

- 49 KOs in 55 wins

- Has made 16 dominant world title defences

- Has defeated 8 world heavyweight champions:

Chris Byrd I (31-1)
                      Chris Byrd II (39-2)
                      Sam Peter I (24-0)
                      Sam Peter II (34-3)
                      Ruslan Chagaev (25-0)
                      Sultan Ibragimov (22-0)
                      Lamon Brewster (33-3)
                      Hasim Rahman (45-5)