No announcement yet.

Michael Spinks versus Marciano-both at 185

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Spinks versus Marciano-both at 185

It would be a great fight I say. Spinks was 31-0 going into the fight with Tyson, being the only person in history who possessed the light heavyweight championship to win the heavyweight championship. Ending Holmes record isn't bad either.

I think Spinks would be up there with the best Rocky has faced, and it certainly wouldn't be one sided ala Tyson. Spinks on decision IMO.

It might resemble Spinks Qwai but Marciano hit harder and didn't have Qwai's defense. I just mean Spink's style during the fight.

I would say in a 15 round fight, Marciano has the best chance, just not on points.

Comment

Spinks with the jinx wins a decision

Comment

Rocky would knock him out.

Comment

the jinx by brutality.to much boxing ability for rocky

Comment

Marciano would grind him down,and stop him between rounds 10-15.

Comment

At 185Lbs I'll go with Marciano as well.

I dont think heavyweight Spinks was quite as good as the Ezzard Charles that faced Marciano first time.........and I think there are some stylistic similarities. I could see a fight going along similar lines.

I'd pick a decision for Marciano, with a late rounds stoppage being a real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
                It would be a great fight I say. Spinks was 31-0 going into the fight with Tyson, being the only person in history who possessed the light heavyweight championship to win the heavyweight championship. Ending Holmes record isn't bad either.

I think Spinks would be up there with the best Rocky has faced, and it certainly wouldn't be one sided ala Tyson. Spinks on decision IMO.

Marciano gets the edge here. I don't think Spinks could hurt Marciano or keep him off. That would be his undoing.

Comment

Marciano by first round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    At 185Lbs I'll go with Marciano as well.

I dont think heavyweight Spinks was quite as good as the Ezzard Charles that faced Marciano first time.........and I think there are some stylistic similarities. I could see a fight going along similar lines.

I'd pick a decision for Marciano, with a late rounds stoppage being a real threat.
                    Really ? So you pick HW Ezzard Charles to eek 2 decisions over Larry Holmes and to stop Gerry Cooney ?
                    well , I don't.
                    at LHW (controversial) but more so at HW Spinks is superior to Charles.
                    Charles a former MW , Spinks taller (rangier) and hits harder than Charles .
                    Regarding the thread's topic
                    I do not want to pick a winner between Spinks and Marciano at whatever weight because I think it is either man's fight , I posted this fantasy fight somewhere else .

Comment

Working...
                    X