No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz Jaw Being operated on today. Broken w Fractures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I just laugh when i see posters on here talking about "Quitting" and fighting with a broke jaw etc when 95% have never been in the ring talkless of getting him with a broken jaw.
    The thing is that not only did he quit (again), but he didn't even try.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      no, the corner wanted him to continue. He pushed them out the way and told the ref he didnt want to fight. It was weird. He was in a panic and didnt wanna hear his corner out at all
      Damn you are right, that part wasn´t shown in the space broadcast. Well, not a fan anyway lol.

Comment

I'm not sure why Victor's submission is becoming such a debated topic here.

Factually, Ortiz had his jaw broken and rather quickly realized it wasn't worth the pain to continue.

Physically, could he? Yes.

Mentally, could he? Obviously not.

Mayweather has always stressed a safety first mentality. Some boxers have skills, like Ortiz, but don't have "heart".

It all comes down to how important toughness and determination are to your favoritism towards a fighter.

Floyd Mayweather has ten times the skill of say, Arturo Gatti, but we all know how beloved Gatti was for his heart.

Could Victor have kept fighting? Absolutely.

Did he owe it to anyone to push himself if he didn't feel the drive to finish? No.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          so because he's getting surgery means what? Everyone already agreed that it was broke. Everyone in this thread calling others out? You think everyone didnt think it was broke or something? Everyone already knew that.

nationalism just breeds stupidity & ignorance.

its as if nsb posters have to be judged by the same standards as a professional boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            The thing is that not only did he quit (again), but he didn't even try.
            we are nsb posters. ortiz is a professional boxer.

broken jaw or not, criticism of his heart is valid.

Comment

I hope they wire his mouth shut permanently so he could learn to fight without his mouth wide open in an exchange

Comment

it's easy to look at the next man and say what you would do if you were in that situation. Its easy to come to the net and say "Id have kept fighting with a broken jaw" even though you've never been in that situation. One day, you'll realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                  I'm not sure why Victor's submission is becoming such a debated topic here.

Factually, Ortiz had his jaw broken and rather quickly realized it wasn't worth the pain to continue.

Physically, could he? Yes.

Mentally, could he? Obviously not.

Mayweather has always stressed a safety first mentality. Some boxers have skills, like Ortiz, but don't have "heart".

It all comes down to how important toughness and determination are to your favoritism towards a fighter.

Floyd Mayweather has ten times the skill of say, Arturo Gatti, but we all know how beloved Gatti was for his heart.

Could Victor have kept fighting? Absolutely.

Did he owe it to anyone to push himself if he didn't feel the drive to finish? No.

It is what it is.
                  Are you also saying that Floyd doesnt have heart and wouldnt have continued?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back in the ring quitting again soon.
                    I feel bad for lol'ing at this.

Comment

Ortiz will wake up during the middle of surgery and tell the Dr. that he cant continue

Comment

Working...
                      X