The only fight title fight I want to see is Wladamir vs Kubrat Pulev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only fight title fight I want to see is Wladamir vs Kubrat Pulev

Pulev is 6'4.5" 250lb.

He is 17-0 and has come into his power, beating the **** out of top contenders Dimitrenko and Ustinov

He has a great jab and fundamentals, good amateur experience and skills

he is 31 years old and in his prime

There is not a better option than Kubrat Pulev

I don't know how much success Pulev would have with his 'cute' cagey style against the much more talented, skilled and powerful Wladimir Klitschko. I think Pulev would have trouble mounting his offense since he is a natural counter puncher - against Wlad its very hard to counter because he's cautious to begin with and doesnt leave too many openings.

Comment

Agreed with Boston. Just saw some of his highlights.

He is laid back and likes to counter over the top. Good lucky trying that with Wlad. At best he goes the distance and it ends up being a similar fight as Vitali vs Kingpin Johnson was.

Comment

Well, i didn't say he'd win

Anyone got a better option?

Wlad is universally considered the best heavyweight in the world

He'll be picked to beat everyone, until he loses

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Pulev is 6'4.5" 250lb.

He is 17-0 and has come into his power, beating the **** out of top contenders Dimitrenko and Ustinov

He has a great jab and fundamentals, good amateur experience and skills

he is 31 years old and in his prime

There is not a better option than Kubrat Pulev

Agree, except Ustinov & Dimitrenko weren't top contenders but average tall fighters. Anyway it's the best fight for Wlad right now. I would like to see him expose Helenius, Fury and all the others giants before a title fight with the champ'.

Comment

Style-wise it's not a good fight for Pulev. I know a lot of ppl think I'm crazy but I'd rather see Wlad fight Arreola next.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Style-wise it's not a good fight for Pulev. I know a lot of ppl think I'm crazy but I'd rather see Wlad fight Arreola next.
              Your crazy, Areolla has no skills. none.

He's also been out of the ring for a year, he's most likely 400lbs right now

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Your crazy, Areolla has no skills. none.

He's also been out of the ring for a year, he's most likely 400lbs right now
                I really respected the way he stayed active and in shape following the to Vitali and Adamek, shame they've kept him out of action to not risk the title shot. When is that Stiverne fight again? Damn, looks like Stivernes been on the sideslines a year too. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  I don't know how much success Pulev would have with his 'cute' cagey style against the much more talented, skilled and powerful Wladimir Klitschko. I think Pulev would have trouble mounting his offense since he is a natural counter puncher - against Wlad its very hard to counter because he's cautious to begin with and doesnt leave too many openings.
                  True but Pulev also has a very good jab and quick feet for closing or moving out of distance. Even if his counterpunching oppertunities are more limited he can compete in a chess match.

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Tell that to that bum Arreola who has turned down two title shots against him in 2012. He's fighting journeymen and waiting for a vacant WBC belt oppertunity so he isn't made to cry inside the ring again.

Comment

Working...
                  X