No announcement yet.

Wanderlei Silva: “I Want To Be Shogun”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlei Silva: “I Want To Be Shogun”

Back to Pride’s golden days, Wanderlei Silva was the main star of the division, and Maurício Shogun, a young guy who was unknown for MMA fans outside Brazil, was still a diamond waiting to be cut. Pride’s GP conquest in 2005 was the greatest prove that ...read more

Yeah I hope he goes back to the way he use to be or starts being like Shogun. I've been disappointed in Wandy ever since he came to the UFC. The only time we saw old Wandy was when he destroyed Keith Jardine. In PRIDE he was ruthless always going for the knockout. But when he first came to the UFC against Liddell & Franklin he was sitting on his punches staying in the pocket just throwing punches which is why he got out worked in both those fights. And in the Bisping fight he wasn't aggressive enough IMO or he could have gotten the KO.

Im glad it hopefully inspired him. I want to see him vs Leben. That's going to be a ****in war.

Comment

The Wanderlei of old is gone

Comment

hes to old an battle worn now days

Comment

such a shame The legendary Axe Murderer is now trying to be someone he would have killed during the Pride Era

It seems that he lost a lot of his killer instinct after the Cro Cop head kick and the Hendo left didnt help either.
          He's been off that agression except for jardine for his ufc career.
          I guess being a brawler for so many years helped speed up his decline. I mean hes only in his mid 30s

Comment

Im afraid to say he's never going to be the same. he just doesnt seem to have that same agression anymore, whether its the fact that he's been ko'd a few times and worries a little more about getting stuck in? either way with this injury likely to keep him out for ages plus his age i cant see him fighting on much longer in the ufc, maybe a couple more fights and thats it.

Comment

Working...
            X