Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Beating Austin Trout Will Show That I'm 'The Real Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
    He's deft no bum, but can he beat any of the elites at 154? Lara already schooled him BADLY, and he lost a competitive fight vs Charlo. Add that to the fact he's only fought twice in the last 25 months, one of those fight to Joey Hernandez, you honestly feel if anyone beats him they're instantly considered "Real Deal"?
    Yes. Trout is the litmus test. You beat him and you can hang with the big boys at 154. Nobody just beats Trout. You need your A game to beat him because he is such a slick and cagey southpaw. The kind of guy that makes you think a lot before you act.

I feel Hurd will have to fight like he did against Harrison though. He didn't like being the bull against Hurd because he prefers to be the metador, but he had to be the bull because if he didn't the fight would have just turned into a stale chess match. Harrison would have never come to him.

Unfortunately neither will Trout. Hurd will have no choice but to walk him down and knock him out if he can. Considering how good a counter puncher Trout is, he might need a knockout to win.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      Austin showed a lot when he was on top with his wins and I thought he beat Alvarez as many did... but I think he is not going to get by Hurd only for the reason in my mind I really believe he's lost the fire ...I think he's going to fight to survive as the fight goes ...on Hurd by late-round TKO...
      I'm sure you and all the people who say trout beat Canelo are black..
      Nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        I'm sure you and all the people who say trout beat Canelo are black..
        Nothing new.
        https://www.badlefthook.com/canelo-alvarez-vs-austin-trout-stream-full-coverage-showtime/2013/4/21/4248254/scorecard-treatment-saul-alvarez-vs-austin-trout

Spare us your racial nonsense for one day. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that fight could've gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          https://www.badlefthook.com/canelo-alvarez-vs-austin-trout-stream-full-coverage-showtime/2013/4/21/4248254/scorecard-treatment-saul-alvarez-vs-austin-trout

Spare us your racial nonsense for one day. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that fight could've gone either way.
          I saw the fight and I saw Canelo make Trout dance around like Bambi.
          You remember that??

Comment

WAR Hurd !!!!! Hurd is too big for Trout....Hurd is going to catch a trout.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Jarrett Hurd isn't particularly pleased with how he fought against Tony Harrison. The result ultimately is what matters, and Hurd stopped Harrison in the ninth round to win the then-vacant IBF junior middleweight title February 25 in Birmingham, Alabama. Hurd understands, though, that some people probably aren't quite sold on him after his victory over Detroit's Harrison (24-2, 20 KOs).
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I thought Harrison was outboxing him until he got tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post

Real talk. Trout represented himself very, very well on the night. Some guys like to come on this forum just to talk $#!+

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  He's deft no bum, but can he beat any of the elites at 154? Lara already schooled him BADLY, and he lost a competitive fight vs Charlo. Add that to the fact he's only fought twice in the last 25 months, one of those fight to Joey Hernandez, you honestly feel if anyone beats him they're instantly considered "Real Deal"?
                  Can't even argue with you there, all facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheClap View Post
                    Real talk. Trout represented himself very, very well on the night. Some guys like to come on this forum just to talk $#!+
                    What ya fail to see is the Canelo fight was almost 5 years ago. His best victory since has come against Joey Hernandez. You can't expect the same Trout the fought Canelo..You probably can't even count on the same trout who fought Charlo because of the inactivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X