Jim Lampley abandonds 16 years old daughter in huge riot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lampley abandonds 16 years old daughter in huge riot

Xxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-06-2020, 12:38 PM.

What's more important, your job or your daughters saftey?

Comment

I remember that shit, Foreman saved Lampley and Merchant's asses. And then years later when Lampley was asked if he missed working with Foreman he had the nerves to say "No!".

Comment

a cute chick posted this on yahoo answers

This tension can be traced back exactly to April 22 1994. On that night Evander Holyfield was defending his title against Michael Moorer. In the second round Holyfield leveled Michael Moorer with a brutal left hook. None of the 3 judges gave Evander a ten eight round despite the clean knockdown. Worst of all one of the judges Jerry Roth actually scored the round even! In the end Roth's horrible descision ultimately cost Evander his heavyweight championship! The argument was that Moorer was handily winning the round at the time of the knockdown. The argument was insane and everyone covering the fight was livid. Every single HBO commentator had something to say about how questionable this was. These people included Jim Lampley Larry Merchant Harold Ledderman James Brown and a furious George Foreman. In the post fight commentary Foreman stopped just short of saying that the Duva's fixed the fight. George said the following I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH! THE DUVA'S HAVE TOO MANY PIECES OF PAPER IN TOO MANY POCKETS! He went on to say that SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER AND GET THIS JUNK OUT OF HERE! He then said half jokingly that he'd have to eat a lot of hamburgers to get over this one! HBO began promoting the rebroadcast as DID THE JUDGES GET IT WRONG? The Duva's went into attack mode and threatened to sue. They also moved to have Foreman fired for his allegations. Meanwhile Holyfield was being diagnosed with a heart condition. There would be no immediate rematch. Those two things combined caused HBO to completely do a 180. They feared a lawsuit and profusely apologized to Moorer and the Duva's. The postfight comments were edited in the rebroadcast. Lampley backed down completely and said he called the fight wrong. Merchant did a turnabout as well. NOT GEORGE THOUGH! He remained furious that the heavyweight championship had been reduced to a crooked game. He was also extremely hurt that his fellow commentators and friends left him hung out to dry! George himself dealt out the ultimate justice taking the titles back himself by knocking Moorer out 7 months later. The damage to the HBO team though was done. For the next nine years they remained a team but never without tension. Whenever George felt Jim or Larry were being YES MEN and calling a fight more favorably for an HBO contracted fighter he would boldly challenge them! Courageous

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I remember that shit, Foreman saved Lampley and Merchant's asses. And then years later when Lampley was asked if he missed working with Foreman he had the nerves to say "No!".
          That whole mess was just awesome to watch on tv I think I still even have a VHS of it around somewhere.

In Lampley's defense regarding missing Big George (who btw is my favorite color commentator of all time ), didn't Foreman get mad and chew Jim's @ss and tell him to stfu in a menacing fashion toward the end of Barrera vs Hamed? If I was Lampley in that moment, I'm sure I would have shat myself and wanted to be far, FAAARRR away.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            a cute chick posted this on yahoo answers

This tension can be traced back exactly to April 22 1994. On that night Evander Holyfield was defending his title against Michael Moorer. In the second round Holyfield leveled Michael Moorer with a brutal left hook. None of the 3 judges gave Evander a ten eight round despite the clean knockdown. Worst of all one of the judges Jerry Roth actually scored the round even! In the end Roth's horrible descision ultimately cost Evander his heavyweight championship! The argument was that Moorer was handily winning the round at the time of the knockdown. The argument was insane and everyone covering the fight was livid. Every single HBO commentator had something to say about how questionable this was. These people included Jim Lampley Larry Merchant Harold Ledderman James Brown and a furious George Foreman. In the post fight commentary Foreman stopped just short of saying that the Duva's fixed the fight. George said the following I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH! THE DUVA'S HAVE TOO MANY PIECES OF PAPER IN TOO MANY POCKETS! He went on to say that SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER AND GET THIS JUNK OUT OF HERE! He then said half jokingly that he'd have to eat a lot of hamburgers to get over this one! HBO began promoting the rebroadcast as DID THE JUDGES GET IT WRONG? The Duva's went into attack mode and threatened to sue. They also moved to have Foreman fired for his allegations. Meanwhile Holyfield was being diagnosed with a heart condition. There would be no immediate rematch. Those two things combined caused HBO to completely do a 180. They feared a lawsuit and profusely apologized to Moorer and the Duva's. The postfight comments were edited in the rebroadcast. Lampley backed down completely and said he called the fight wrong. Merchant did a turnabout as well. NOT GEORGE THOUGH! He remained furious that the heavyweight championship had been reduced to a crooked game. He was also extremely hurt that his fellow commentators and friends left him hung out to dry! George himself dealt out the ultimate justice taking the titles back himself by knocking Moorer out 7 months later. The damage to the HBO team though was done. For the next nine years they remained a team but never without tension. Whenever George felt Jim or Larry were being YES MEN and calling a fight more favorably for an HBO contracted fighter he would boldly challenge them! Courageous

Wow didn't know any of this behind the scenes stuff. Nice find and very interesting if true.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
              That whole mess was just awesome to watch on tv I think I still even have a VHS of it around somewhere.

In Lampley's defense regarding missing Big George (who btw is my favorite color commentator of all time ), didn't Foreman get mad and chew Jim's @ss and tell him to stfu in a menacing fashion toward the end of Barrera vs Hamed? If I was Lampley in that moment, I'm sure I would have shat myself and wanted to be far, FAAARRR away.
              i believe Lampley said Barrera obviously doesnt like Hamed very much and George said obviously you dont either chill out something to that effect.
              Last edited by MARKBNLV; 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post

What do you mean by colour commentator?

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post
                  What do you mean by colour commentator?
                  What do you think I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Read my previous post.and i believe Lampley said Barrera obviously doesnt like Hamed very much and George said obviously you dont either chill out something to that effect.
                    Right right...missed that part. That was friggin' hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                    X