Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, why the hell are people comparing Khan's resume to Froch's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, why the hell are people comparing Khan's resume to Froch's?

Is that really fair when Khan is 25 and Froch is 35?

When Khan says he's fought better opposition he quite clearly means at this point in his career compared to Carl's.

Froch has a couple of years max left in him, Khan has at least 10 years more if he wants.

Ok, let's compare Khan's resume to Froch when he was 25.

The guys Khan has fought by the age of 25 - Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, Peterson(loss), Garcia(loss)

The guys Froch fought by the age of 25 - Alan Page, Vage Korcharyan, Michael Monaghan, Varuzhan Davtyan, Valery Odin, Mike Duffield....ever heard of any of them? No? Me neither.

Remember, one thing we quite clearly know is Khan is willing to take on the best. That is a fact. If it was up to him he's also have Bradley and JMM on his resume of tough opponents. Wether he would win or lose is a different matter, he wanted to fight them.

So in 10 years time when he reaches 35, i dont know about you but im willing to bet Khan will have built a much tougher resume than that of Carl Froch.

So remember when you compare Froch's resume to Khan, don't forget that minor detail than Khan is only just 10 ****ing years younger than him and with a guy like Khan who always wants to fight to the best, there's no doubt in my mind he'll have forged a much tougher resume than Carl Froch.

I bet by the end of there careers Froch will still have the better resume.

Comment

To compare them is crazy. Froch has fought his way to being rightfully recognized as the 2nd best fighter in his weightclass, while Khan was just thoroughly overrated from jump. And got slept twice for his trouble.

Comment

There is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.
        Khans resume is OK whilst Froch has a good resume.

Comment

I agree with your points. Age beetween the two is a major factor in terms of thier legacy/

Comment

People are comparing because Khan said, and I quote:

"Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire. I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really."

Enough said really, people and fans have opinions on that kind of comment. It was a stupid thing to say, but that isn't unusual for Khan.

Comment

amir khan is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                People are comparing because Khan said, and I quote:

"Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire. I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really."

Enough said really, people and fans have opinions on that kind of comment. It was a stupid thing to say, but that isn't unusual for Khan.
                And like i said, we all now he's not the sharpest tool in the box but you can quite obviously see he meant at the same point in their career.

Of course Froch has a better resume right now, but he has a couple of years left in Boxing.

Whilst Khan has at least 10, and with someone like Khan who is always willing to fight the best, im pretty sure Khan by the time he reaches Froch's age 35, will have faced much tougher opp throughout his career.

Comment

I just dont understand how people hate Khan so much...

People say he is sooo ****y its usually just the generic boxer talk during interviews about how they think they are the best in their divisions and this and that.

But Khan has been taking hard legitimate fights one after another for pretty much 3 straight years. He schedules fights consistently he may have over reacted about the Peterson decision but he has been very classy in the Garcia defeat.

I dont know people will hate who they want I just have a hard time hating any fighter in this day and age who makes dangerous fights consistently.

Comment

Khan - 29 fights

Froch - 31 fights

Yes it's fair.

Comment

Working...
                    X