Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruiz Vs The HW Division, Who Does He Beat, Who Beats Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    My Takes.

Ruiz vs Joshua II
    -idk that I can see Joshua turning this fight around he did so bad, so I tend to lean Ruiz's way in a rematch if it happens at the end of the year, that said the more time Ruiz has on his hands the more time I think its giving him to go off the rails & eating his way outta these belts or just not being motivated again like he was last night

Ruiz vs Wilder
    -Ruiz gets hit too easily, he's not surviving the same shots he took from Joshua last night if Wilder is throwing them, he'd outbox Wilder til he got caught doe, but he's gonna get caught his his defense isn't that good

Ruiz vs Fury
    -Fury outboxes the sh^t outta Ruiz & target practices on him all night, probably doesn't take him out cuz Fury's power isn't that good, but its a pretty uncompetitive looking fight, maybe Fury has a lapse that results in a KD, but beyond that sorta moment its a one sided fight

Ruiz vs Ortiz
    -Ruiz's speed makes this interesting, but Ortiz is a better pure boxer & has a superior ring IQ, close-ish fight, but I think Ortiz comes out on top

Ruiz vs Whyte
    -fun fight, where I could see either guy win the fight, Whyte keeps finding a way to clutch victory from the jaws of defeat so I'd probably lean his way, but this is a competitive fight

Ruiz vs Parker II
    -first fight was close & I kinda thinking Parker has taken some steps back since this fight so I definitely lean towards Ruiz avenging his one L

Ruiz vs Usyk
    -still questions on if Usyk can hang at HW so this seems fast forwarding into the future a lil too far for me, but barring Usyk just being ill equipped to be a HW for some reason or dealing with HW's I think this is Usyk all day & goes down pretty one sided-like similar to the Fury fight minus the concern for Usyk losing focus like you'd have to be concerned with Fury doing

Ruiz vs Pulev
    -Pulev fights pretty tall so I think Pulev gives Ruiz some issues here, but he's older now & he's not really had many live fights so I don't know that I'm hopeful of him vs a guy like Ruiz when he's on, if he gets a fatter &/or unmotivated Ruiz he might swipe this fight, but otherwise I like Ruiz

Ruiz vs Povetkin
    -Povetkin is older, but is a pretty skilled cat, I think he catches Ruiz & puts him out

Ruiz vs Kownacki for the WBC Special Edition T^tties Belt
    -maybe the most fun fight & right up there with the Whyte fight for most exciting potential matchup for Ruiz, & kinda feeling the same way where this would be competitive enough that either guy could take this one although I'd probably lean more Ruiz's way

So I got Ruiz going 4-6 vs these guys which is solid I feel & probably a lot better than I'd have had him on Friday pre-this career defining W he's gotten since which might make me seeing Ruiz is more sunlight then I should be in fairness.
    You just picked almost everybody to beat him but Joshua. He beats Pulev at least, he does good mid range against these bigger guys.

We've never seen Tyson against guys who put together real combinations or have decent speed that I remember. Fury's chin is suspect as hell, too.

Comment

Probably everyone on that list beats Ruiz but Pulev and Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        You just picked almost everybody to beat him but Joshua. He beats Pulev at least, he does good mid range against these bigger guys.
        I got him going 3-6 vs the 9 guys I think are (or will be with Usyk) the top guys at HW or among them anyway, minus Joshua. Thats solid for a guy no one had in the top ten Friday I feel like.

And I picked him to beat Pulev.

We've never seen Tyson against guys who put together real combinations or have decent speed that I remember. Fury's chin is suspect as hell, too.
        Fury's ring IQ is off the charts compared to most HW's. Ruiz gots quick hands & a sh^t defense. Those two attributes aren't getting him THAT far lets be serious now.

And question Fury's chin if you must, but I still attribute most of Fury's KD's to a lack of focus than a bum chin & you can't question his chin THAT much cuz look at that 12th round sh^t he did vs Wilder. Most mfers get dropped by that & don't get up. Fury got up in a ungodly like manner & proceeded to win the rest of the f#cking round man.

Guys with sh^t or just legit questionable chins don't do that sorta sh^t. They do like Joshua did where they get dropped & need a round & a half to recover like he did vs Klitschko or they never get their bearings back all the way like last night. Fury gets dropped & its like a wakeup call. "Oops I was f#cking off a lil too much...time to get serious".

Comment

I got him going 3-6 vs the 9 guys I think are (or will be with Usyk) the top guys at HW or among them anyway, minus Joshua. Thats solid for a guy no one had in the top ten Friday I feel like.

And I picked him to beat Pulev.

Fury's ring IQ is off the charts compared to most HW's. Ruiz gots quick hands & a sh^t defense. Those two attributes aren't getting him THAT far lets be serious now.

And question Fury's chin if you must, but I still attribute most of Fury's KD's to a lack of focus than a bum chin & you can't question his chin THAT much cuz look at that 12th round sh^t he did vs Wilder. Most mfers get dropped by that & don't get up. Fury got up in a ungodly like manner & proceeded to win the rest of the f#cking round man.

Guys with sh^t or just legit questionable chins don't do that sorta sh^t. They do like Joshua did where they get dropped & need a round & a half to recover like he did vs Klitschko or they never get their bearings back all the way like last night. Fury gets dropped & its like a wakeup call. "Oops I was f#cking off a lil too much...time to get serious".
          He's been dropped by Cunningham and I think someone else as well. I don't think he gets slept easy or anything, especially after getting up in the 12th with Wilder but I have some suspicions yet. I have no reason to just start picking Andy to beat everybody because of last night but I think he's a little smarter than given credit for.

Comment

beats:
            whyte
            Parker 2
            pulev
            kownacki

loses to:
            aj 2
            wilder
            fury
            povetkin
            usyk
            Ortiz

Comment

Styles make fights. Aside from Wilder landing a bomb Fury gives Ruiz the hardest time. Ruizs hands are fast when his feet are set. Losing weight in a healthy way will benefit Ruiz's foot speed. I hope the best for the new champ and hope he keeps his training up between camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                He's been dropped by Cunningham and I think someone else as well. I don't think he gets slept easy or anything, especially after getting up in the 12th with Wilder but I have some suspicions yet. I have no reason to just start picking Andy to beat everybody because of last night but I think he's a little smarter than given credit for.
                Cmon man this Cunningham sh^t is so old its boring to talk about. If Cunningham is such a bad ass & if Fury is such a no chin having mfer why did Fury get dropped in the 2nd round & KO Cunningham in the 7th round? And that other more bs guy who dropped Fury got KO'd in the next round. And he got murdered by Wilder in the 12th round & won the rest of the round ffs. Thats not suspicious chin type sh^t.

Fury lacks focus not a chin. And getting dropped by Wilder & getting up should get his chin points not take points away cuz most mfers get dropped by Wilder but they don't usually get up the first time or eventually.

And wtf at the critique on my picks when you weren't even bold enough to put your own picks out there "Mr. He'll be Competitive with Everybody" wtf that even means lol. Who does Andy beat? Who beats him? Why? I gave my takes. Where are yours so I can bust your balls if you legit thinks he's beating Wilder & Fury & Usyk cuz he got the perfect storm last night for once finally.

Ruiz seems like a nice enough guy but he screams one hit wonder of boxing to me.

Comment

Okay. Ruiz won the fight last night. How does Ruiz do vs the rest of the top HW's? Who does he beat? Who isn't he beating?

Ruiz vs Joshua II

Ruiz vs Wilder

Ruiz vs Fury

Ruiz vs Ortiz

Ruiz vs Whyte

Ruiz vs Parker II

Ruiz vs Usyk

Ruiz vs Pulev

Ruiz vs Povetkin

Ruiz vs Kownacki for the WBC Special Edition T^tties Belt
                  I might be a small fish in the pond here in this forum, but I've followed Ruiz for a few years, so I was not surprised by the upset. However, Joshua did not look like himself all night, as if there was something wrong with his mentality. He seemed indifferent about the whole thing, and seemed relieved when it was all over. In a rematch, the outcome will very much depend on what version of Joshua we are dealing with. At home in the UK, things might go different?

1) Ruiz vs Joshua II

Styles matter, and Ruiz was all wrong for Joshua. 60/40 Ruiz in a rematch in the UK.

2) Ruiz vs Wilder

Ruiz is a better boxer than Wilder, and faster. Ruiz obviously has a good chin, and Parker said prior to the Joshua-Ruiz fight that Ruiz was the strongest puncher he had met. Ruiz would need to get past Wilder's long arms and avoid that killing right hand. If he does, I think he can hurt Wilder. Even Fury could hurt Wilder, so I think Ruiz has a fair chance here. I think this is fairly open. 50/50, or 60/40 Ruiz.

3) Ruiz vs Fury

Fury is a skilled boxer, and probably a better boxer than Ruiz, but he lacks power and has a questionable chin, despite getting up from those shots that Wilder landed on him. I believe Ruiz has the stronger punch and better chin of the two. Again, I would say Ruiz is the favourite if he can win within the distance, but Fury could win on points if he boxes the entire match from distance. It is 50/50, depending on how the match develops. Fury using his jab from the distance, and outworking Ruiz, or Ruiz managing to get close and land fast combinations on Fury. Might be a frustrating match to watch.

4) Ruiz vs Ortiz

Ortiz is perhaps the best boxer of the lot. I think Ruiz would struggle against a good boxer like Ortiz. I would go for 70/30 Ortiz, on the presumption that Ortiz manages to keep Ruiz away from him the entire fight. Ortiz is getting old and may not last the 12 rounds though, so maybe Ruiz does have a better chance. I also believe Ortiz has a good chance to beat Wilder in their rematch, so Ortiz-Ruiz is a fight likely to happen in 2020 should both men win their next fights. Not sure if there would be a Wilder-Ortiz III first. A shame Ortiz did not really enter the scene a lot younger.

5) Ruiz vs Whyte

Whyte has improved since his loss to Joshua, but nearly lost his match against Parker. Had he not been allowed to hang on the ropes and use those tricks to keep himself standing, he would have been stopped by Parker in round 12. Whyte I would rank same level as Parker and just below Joshua (who is actually quite limited in his boxing skills), but he can punch. 70/30 Ruiz.

6) Ruiz vs Parker II

I think Parker - Ruiz I was very even. I saw that match on a live stream at an airport, and I think it was a draw, or perhaps Ruiz just deserved the win. I expected more from Ruiz in that fight, as I'd been keeping an eye on him (and Parker) as my next two upcoming favourite heavyweights, so I was a bit disappointed with what they both delivered in that fight. I think they both perhaps were a bit inexperienced and showed the other a bit too much respect as they both stepped up. I think a rematch would play out a bit differently. Also, Parker was not allowed to work on the inside of Joshua in their fight, so he has more to him that he showed in that fight, but losing to Whyte was worse than I expected. I somehow feel that Ruiz, who took time off after his loss to Parker (which seemingly hit his motivation) and then started his career over again, has moved one step up since their fight, while Parker has not developed in the same way. I would say 60/40 Ruiz now.

7) Ruiz vs Usyk

Usyk is a skilled boxer, but how good is his chin, and what power will he carry with him to the heavyweight division? If Usyk has a good chin and sufficient power to hurt Ruiz (who seemingly has a very good chin), I think he might outbox Ruiz, and win on points. I doubt Ruiz could win on points against skilled boxers who outwork him by throwing more punches, and both Usyk and Ortiz are in that category. Unless Ruiz can catch Usyk with something big, I think this is 70/30 Usyk. Usyk may also be Hearn's best chance of winning the belts over to his management again, should AJ loose the rematch.

8) Ruiz vs Pulev

I did not see his last fight, but the one against H Fury I saw, and he did not impress me that much in that fight. H Fury is probably a good European level fighter. Pulev has decent boxing skills, but seems very orthodox, and I got the feeling he is more in the game as a contender waiting for a one last big payday, and is well over his prime. Unlike Usyk and Ortiz, I don't think Pulev could outbox Ruiz, and I believe Ruiz's fast hands would be too much for Pulev. 80/20 Ruiz.

9) Ruiz vs Povetkin

Povetkin is way over his prime now, but could still be very dangerous for the first few rounds as we saw against Joshua. If Ruiz's chin can take whatever Povetkin throws at him early in the fight, I think Ruiz would eventually overwhelm Povetkin in the middle to late rounds. As odd as it might sound, I believe the younger and better conditioned Ruiz (sic!) would beat Povetkin once Povetkin runs out of steam. 70/30 Ruiz.

10) Ruiz vs Kownacki

No idea really, but Ruiz called him out after his last fight before signing the Joshua fight. From what I have seen of Kownacki, he is not that different from Ruiz? Probably a guy to watch, who will get his shot in 1-2 years.
                  Last edited by nidaros997; 06-02-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Cmon man this Cunningham sh^t is so old its boring to talk about. If Cunningham is such a bad ass & if Fury is such a no chin having mfer why did Fury get dropped in the 2nd round & KO Cunningham in the 7th round? And that other more bs guy who dropped Fury got KO'd in the next round. And he got murdered by Wilder in the 12th round & won the rest of the round ffs. Thats not suspicious chin type sh^t.

Fury lacks focus not a chin. And getting dropped by Wilder & getting up should get his chin points not take points away cuz most mfers get dropped by Wilder but they don't usually get up the first time or eventually.

And wtf at the critique on my picks when you weren't even bold enough to put your own picks out there "Mr. He'll be Competitive with Everybody" wtf that even means lol. Who does Andy beat? Who beats him? Why? I gave my takes. Where are yours so I can bust your balls if you legit thinks he's beating Wilder & Fury & Usyk cuz he got the perfect storm last night for once finally.

Ruiz seems like a nice enough guy but he screams one hit wonder of boxing to me.
                    I've never been a dick to you before that I remember and I wasn't intending to be one now. We've seen three real fights of Ruiz' to try to gauge where he's at and it just isn't enough. That gap in inactivity after the Parker fight and promotional issues doesn't make it easy.

Comment

I dont know, I almost see this as a flukish type win. Ill need to see more of him honestly. If this dude can get in real shape he will be a nightmare for anyone. It was crazy as hell seeing that fat mfer slinging bombs as fast as he was. He gets down to even 235 he may be around for a while. What I like about him is when he gets hit he explodes, awesome night for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X