No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Hopkins poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe vs Hopkins poll

Just felt a need to put this poll up because there are alot of people on this forum wrongly stating that "almost everyone" thought that Hopkins won this fight. don't just vote in the poll, give your score.
    Calzaghe
    66.67%
    Hopkins
    30.89%
    Draw
    2.44%

I had Calzaghe winning. I think I had it 115-112.

Comment

Calzaghe won, he got awarded a split decision.

Comment

Calzaghe comfortably. I think I had it a 8-3-1.

Comment

I had same result that one of judges get,116-111 I think
          Last edited by Alec900; 08-14-2008, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I also had it 115-112. Hopkins was effective when he threw, but unfortunately for him that was only once or twice per round. He got out-worked.

Comment

i had it 115-112.....calzaghes punches my not be hard, but they were landing and thats all that matters in the end....bhop threw to few punches to win IMO (ps im not a calz nut hugger just cause im from the UK)

Comment

114-113 for Hopkins. The strongest emphasis on scoring a fight is Clean Effective Punches. Hopkins won every aspect of Clean Effective Punching. Yes he didnt throw a lot, but you can't base a fight on who throws the most punches. I also believe and Ive watched the fight many of many times, that a lot of Calzaghe's punches were landing, but most were landing on the arms. BHop was in a shell defensively, and he was taking a lot of these shots on his elbows and rolling some to counter with his right hand. Ugly fight, but the KD won it on my cards. Also watch the fight on mute, and again come back and answer the thread. Maybe your card won't change, but it will give you a real sense of scoring a fight from ringside, without having the commentators swaying a round here or there.

6 apiece 114-113 Hopkins wins with the 1st round KD!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielTurcotte3 View Post
                  114-113 for Hopkins. The strongest emphasis on scoring a fight is Clean Effective Punches. Hopkins won every aspect of Clean Effective Punching. Yes he didnt throw a lot, but you can't base a fight on who throws the most punches. I also believe and Ive watched the fight many of many times, that a lot of Calzaghe's punches were landing, but most were landing on the arms. BHop was in a shell defensively, and he was taking a lot of these shots on his elbows and rolling some to counter with his right hand. Ugly fight, but the KD won it on my cards. Also watch the fight on mute, and again come back and answer the thread. Maybe your card won't change, but it will give you a real sense of scoring a fight from ringside, without having the commentators swaying a round here or there.

6 apiece 114-113 Hopkins wins with the 1st round KD!
                  Here he goes with his ****ing LONG posts thinking he's intelligent.

It's all ****.

Comment

Hopkins did land the better punches when he threw but there weren't enough of them IMO, Calzaghe just outworked him.

Comment

Working...
                    X