Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Martinez's KO Of Williams The Greatest One Punch KO Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Martinez's KO Of Williams The Greatest One Punch KO Of All Time?

Is this the best 1 punch KO of all time?

0:48
    Yes
    17.24%
    No
    82.76%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Perfect Plex; 06-01-2011, 05:26 PM.

not sure but manny punch against hatton was 10/10 and so was jackson's punch against bomber graham

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
      not sure but manny punch against hatton was 10/10 and so was jackson's punch against bomber graham
      Personally I do feel it was more devastating that both of those.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          That is brutal. But it aint Martinez's level due to the fact that Monitel GETS Up from it and carries on fighting.

Paul it out cold and it just lying there without moving for quite a bit.

Comment

its up there with some of the best. Hearns ko of Duran is pretty scary too though

Comment

Originally posted by IIIX JACK XIII View Post
              its up there with some of the best. Hearns ko of Duran is pretty scary too though
              Yeah agreed, but then again Duran come around right away and was trying to get up. Williams was out completey and just lying flat out on the canvas no movement at all.

Comment

If we're talking about visually impressive and within recent years, that Arthur Abraham punch that span the other guy's head around like that girl in The Exorcist was pretty good.

If you're taking quality of opposition into account then Martinez' KO was superior though.

Anyone remember that Mickey Ward fight where he was getting absolutely dominated and looked disinterested, then suddenly dropped the guy for the count with a hook to the body? Again, it wasn't against a world-class opponent but still an impressive shot.

Tarver>Roy and Foreman>Moorer also come to mind. Not sure if they should be rated higher or not (matter of taste I suppose) but they're up there.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that Tarver knocking out Jones is the greatest one punch KO of the past 10 years or so.

Comment

Was going to say Duran - Hearns but Duran was broken before the knock out and had already been down in the 1st round, although it was the only time Duran went lights out.

Marciano - Walcott, Benitez - Hope etc were scary as well but were late in the fight, tis hard to say, depends on your criteria for the 'greatest', Robinson - Fullmer must be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    If we're talking about visually impressive and within recent years, that Arthur Abraham punch that span the other guy's head around like that girl in The Exorcist was pretty good.

If you're taking quality of opposition into account then Martinez' KO was superior though.

Anyone remember that Mickey Ward fight where he was getting absolutely dominated and looked disinterested, then suddenly dropped the guy for the count with a hook to the body? Again, it wasn't against a world-class opponent but still an impressive shot.

Tarver>Roy and Foreman>Moorer also come to mind. Not sure if they should be rated higher or not (matter of taste I suppose) but they're up there.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that Tarver knocking out Jones is the greatest one punch KO of the past 10 years or so.
                    How is that more devstating than Martinez/Williams, when Roy actually GOT UP from that shot by himself? Like I said Williams is out cold and aint gettin up any time soon. There was no way Williams could of ever got up by himself.

People are saying other KO's are more devstating even do all the named one's were getting up by themselves.

Sergio-Williams>>>>>>Tarver-Roy. All day......

Comment

Working...
                    X