No announcement yet.

GSP is ****in boring!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] GSP is ****in boring!!

Nah, this ain't a hate thread. Just a luring title.

I really can't say anything bad about this performance, I expected it and it is what he is best at. I just want to applaud GSP's gentlemanship(if that is a word). He was a true gentleman, I have to applaud that. If it was Shinya Aoki in there, Hardy's **** would have been torn off. GSP yanked the **** out of his arm and just stopped, he could have went home with that arm but decided not to. I appluad that.

But really, the Welterweight division is done. It has officially became as boring as the boxing Heavyweight division. I say this because of the dominance between the top dogs. The K2 bros dominate the hell out of the heavyweight division and it is boring because of it. GSP dominates the WW division and it is boring because of it.

At this point NO ONE in the welterweight division is touching GSP. It's not even about striking when you fight GSP, if you don't have top tier wrestling, your not going to win. Paulo Thiago? Nope, great stand up and bjj but he will just get dominated by the wrestling. Paul Daley? Hell no, all stand up and nothing else. Fitch? Hasn't improved.

At this point the only person who can even make GSP break a sweat is Josh Koscheck. Honestly and it's only because he has the ability to wrestle. Besides GSP, Kos is second best wrestler in the WW division and GSP is still that much better than him. Nothing left for GSP to do, either move up or not become a draw. Because at this point, Dana and the Fertitas can't even hype up GSP's next fight.

You can't get excited for GSP's future fights unless it's a super-fight. Unless you know... Look at NSB for examples.

I applaud his gentleman ship, very respectable. I can't get excited for any of GSP's future WW match ups though. Sorry.

You do know Koscheck has fought GSP, right?

Comment

GSP easily dominates Kos again in a rematch, I think the LW, MW, and WW, devison are all locked down by there champions. Nobody is touching Penn or Silva either, time for them all to move up a devison..

Comment

I'm not a huge mma fan but I'd pay big bucks to see GSP vs Silva.

Dunno if this is like a fantasy fight but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy J View Post
          You do know Koscheck has fought GSP, right?
          Yes, but he is the only one who has top tier wrestling besides GSP in the welterweight division. The only way to fight GSP is to be able to wrestle, striking doesn't matter against him. If you can't wrestle, he will just man handle you.

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          GSP easily dominates Kos again in a rematch, I think the LW, MW, and WW, devison are all locked down by there champions. Nobody is touching Penn or Silva either, time for them all to move up a devison..
          Exactly what I said. GSP is still that much better than Kos even if they get a rematch. That's why I can't get excited about any future GSP fights that aren't a super-fight.

I think Penn is still a bit vulnerable. He is still obviously the best but you can bring in guys and give him a run. Shinya is still out there. Gomi, if he doesn't let me down on the 31st. Those two are the only reasonable fights left for him.

But for the most part I agree those are pretty much locked up. If Carwin loses to Brock, then the HW is locked up. 205 is always wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Yes, but he is the only one who has top tier wrestling besides GSP in the welterweight division. The only way to fight GSP is to be able to wrestle, striking doesn't matter against him. If you can't wrestle, he will just man handle you.

Exactly what I said. GSP is still that much better than Kos even if they get a rematch. That's why I can't get excited about any future GSP fights that aren't a super-fight.

I think Penn is still a bit vulnerable. He is still obviously the best but you can bring in guys and give him a run. Shinya is still out there. Gomi, if he doesn't let me down on the 31st. Those two are the only reasonable fights left for him.

But for the most part I agree those are pretty much locked up. If Carwin loses to Brock, then the HW is locked up. 205 is always wide open.
            I don't think Gomi can take Penn. BJ destroyed him last time and I think Penn has gotten way more better than Gomi has since then. Aoki fight is interesting but BJ keeps it standing and wins IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              I don't think Gomi can take Penn. BJ destroyed him last time and I think Penn has gotten way more better than Gomi has since then. Aoki fight is interesting but BJ keeps it standing and wins IMO....
              You know how I feel about Gomi man. I always have to give him a shot. If he does horrible or loses to KenFlo, then I will admitt he can't take Penn. If he owns KenFlo, then you know I'm doing a happy dance. Instant title shot if he beats KenFlo, you know that right?

If BJ stays standing, Shinya gets ktfo, not even pretty but I doubt it would stay standing. Shinya will flying guard pull if need be. lol

Comment

Gomi and Aoki get pwned by Penn. Gomi would put up a better fight than Aoki because he's tough as nails and can actually handle punishment. Aoki would get that glass jaw shattered. He ain't gonna be remotely competitive on the feet and he ain't tapping Penn. Even if it went there it wouldn't be to Aoki's advantage. Aoki gets stumped when he comes up against high-level BJJ guys and has nothing else to fall back on. Penn's a world champion BJJ player not to mention extremely hard to take down let alone control, unless you're the world's best 170lb'er of course lol.

Comment

He use to be exciting till he started being too safe in his most recent fights.

Comment

I enjoyed it, those two submission attempts were badass and his takedowns were impressive. I don't think he should move up to 185 though, too small. He should fight Jake Shields next when Shields comes to the UFC.

Comment

Working...
                    X