Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fun League(NFL) is at it again

Got this from Chris Cooley's blog

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/20...get-fined.html

(Some of this stuff is just plain stupid!!!)
    Just for fun I figured I would list some of the fines mentioned in our meeting and different amounts.
    $5000 fines
    - High/Low whites on socks
    - Pants not covering knees (no skin should show below the waist)
    - Bandana
    - Wrong nasal strip
    - Hand towel alterations - towel must be 7 to 8 inches and have no tape on it
    - Tape not the same color of the shoe.
    - Jersey untucked (usually there is a warning for this one)
    - Jersey cut too short
    - Sleeves coming out of jersey - only QB can have this and only a certain amount can come out
    - Chinstrap undone ($7500)

$10,000 fines
    - Personal messages
    - Any second offense fine
    - Wrong attire 90 minutes previous and after a game - clothes must be Reebok apparel
    - Tinted visor - must have a doctors note for a tinted visor

There is also a special fine schedule for the post season. The minimum fine in playoff games will be between 10 and 20 thousand dollars. The minimum in the NFC Championship is between 50 and 75 thousand and for the Super Bowl the minimum is 100 grand. It's been made very obvious the NFL and it's sponsors want the players to dress accordingly.

I honestly don't have a problem with a dress code, which this is mostly referring to. Players have to look uniform, that is understandable. What I don't like is that you can't celebrate anymore. I miss the days of the celebrations...

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      I honestly don't have a problem with a dress code, which this is mostly referring to. Players have to look uniform, that is understandable. What I don't like is that you can't celebrate anymore. I miss the days of the celebrations...
      me 2 man the endzone dance is classic,remember the icky shuffle

Comment

This was definitely a bad move. It seemed to have changed Chad Johnson overnight. Who knew the desire for showboating can actually boost some players performances.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
          me 2 man the endzone dance is classic,remember the icky shuffle
          **** I remember White Shoes Johnson, the Posse, the Fun bunch, the California Quake.......

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
            This was definitely a bad move. It seemed to have changed Chad Johnson overnight. Who knew the desire for showboating can actually boost some players performances.
            i never really thought of it like that but your actually right in some cases it really has improved the performances of guys like chad and to..

i love the celebrations, but i think the NFL really just wants to set the standard for sportsmanship especially to young athletes who love the sport. I can see why they made that rule because showboating really can discourage young kids when they get beat in a game and its getting rubbed in there face...

Comment

What's with the visor fine? These guys play in the ****ing sun.

Some of these execs shouldn't have jobs. There is no reason for some of the **** they propose

Comment

dicks, dumb rules

Comment

**** I remember White Shoes Johnson, the Posse, the Fun bunch, the California Quake.......
                  I'm withya Cuauh, I love end zone celebrations. TO with the marker, when he took the cheerleaders pom poms, his dances, wesley walls shot the ball like a duck, joe horn.

Fun Bunch was the best I would have to say.

Comment

wrong nasal strip?????

Comment

Working...
                    X