First day at Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day at Gym

Dear Training & Nutrition,

First day at a boxing gym and have never gotten my ass kicked so hard with work outs. I couldn't even finish the first 30 minutes of it. I puked three times, didn't spar or anything, but I couldn't do majority of the work outs.

What're some work outs on the side that I can do to help my poor stamina?

running, skipping rope, anything that will get your heart pumping, stick to going in and giving it your all, but most importantly RUN RUN RUN! Nothing will help you more. And non of this treadmill crap, Run outside! 4 feet of snow? run through it, nothing but hills? run up them, too hot? NO COMPLAINING

If you have the determination to tough it out then you will improve and you will be able to notice this improvement.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin26 View Post
      running, skipping rope, anything that will get your heart pumping, stick to going in and giving it your all, but most importantly RUN RUN RUN! Nothing will help you more. And non of this treadmill crap, Run outside! 4 feet of snow? run through it, nothing but hills? run up them, too hot? NO COMPLAINING

If you have the determination to tough it out then you will improve and you will be able to notice this improvement.

Good luck!!
      actually it's better to sprint. Most of todays boxers who participated in the Olympics did not run for extended periods of time. They did 100 m sprints over and over again as an exercise to battle fatigue. Same with burpees and other explosive workouts. Getting used to jogging at a friendly pace isn't going to help you fight fatigue when you need to generate and perform quick movements. If you need to lose weight though, it is a good choice.

a lot of professional boxers still jog in the morning, but's it generally just to help them make weight.

Evander Holyfield if I recall never jogged (he didn't need to make weight), and he is a perfect example of a fighter with incredible stamina (especially being a heavyweight).

Comment

Do the same exercises you were doing at the gym. Focus on the ones that you found the hardest.

If it was running giving you the most problems, run more. If it was pushups or skipping, do that.

Comment

Working...
        X