No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Ortiz: Short Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
    Floyd will find himself in a bit of danger early on, but he'll regroup after that, proceed to walk Ortiz down, break him down to the body and have Ortiz ready to be taken out by the 9th round. If you watch Ortiz vs. Berto and quickly skip to the 8th round, you'll notice that Victor's punches have lost A LOT of steam, Ortiz isn't a consistent power puncher.
    Can Floyd fight at the pace in which Berto and Ortiz were fighting at though?

Does his power have enough in there to sap Ortiz's strength as the fight wears on. Its a good question and one of the main points that I'll be looking at.

Comment

I'm feeling Ortiz chances in this fight. Floyd is getting old, although, the skill is all still there. Ortiz is a big, strong, and powerful guy, so to write him off would be ignorant. Ortiz will relish the chance to beat someone like Floyd, especially to be the first man to defeat him.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling Ortiz to shock the world. Floyd has to get old sometime, and I believe he will lose one fight before retirement. Is this the one? I don't know but I know Ortiz is a LIVE dog.

Comment

Originally posted by jurob View Post
        Ortiz is too easy to hit and Floyd will wear him out. See Ortiz getting knocked out or tko'd by the 8th.
        ^^^^This pretty much is what will happen or Floyd by wide UD
        Ortiz is out of his league with Floyd. I can see Ortiz tring to pressure Floyd, but that **** won't work. Ortiz will take shots coming in and once he does get inside he won't be able to land anything hard or Floyd will tie him up.
        After a while Floyd's shots will take their toll.
        I still don't have faith in Ortiz's heart, once he sees he can't hit Floyd but Floyd get hit him, he will start to doubt himself then the fight will be over. If anyone brings up Berto, Floyd is no Berto. If Floyd hurts him and he retreats to a corner and starts throwing wild punches with his hands down at his waist Floyd will KO him.
        Also the TS saying Otiz is more battle tested than Floyd is dumb. Floyd would never have to go to life or death with Maidana or Berto because his skill and ring IQ is so much better then them.
        Last edited by KRITKL; 06-28-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

what you are missing TS is that Floyd always dictates his fights. He will adjust quickly to Ortiz, who i feel is still a little green. Floyd will control this fight from the 2nd round on. Floyd doesn't need strong punching abilities, his sharp accurate punches will be the difference, as they always have been. punches hurt a lot more when you don't see them coming!!

also im sick of every one saying how Ortiz lost to midanna. i don't think victor should have ever been a Jr. Welter. He weighed in on fight night vs berto at around 160ish..... im sorry hes a true welter. dropping those extra 7 lbs must have been killing him imo.

if any one wants to make any real money bets on this fight, and would like to take Ortiz, hooolllllaaaa at me. we will need a trusted escrow obv.
          Last edited by borgata; 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X