No announcement yet.

Butler's dumb car question No. 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler's dumb car question No. 5

So I got 4 new run flat tires for my bmw car and I also have a full size spare in the trunk. This spare can it not be used for months even years. Its full size and currently at 32 psi pressure. Will it lose pressure over time even if not in use?

Nevermind. I just decided to call discount tire instead where i bought the 4 tires and the full size spare.

Comment

You have to tighten this thing called a flux capacitor with a monkey wrench.

Comment

I don't think they will lose pressure.

Comment

Yes it can, but its mostly affected due to the temperature of the weather.

Nothing you can do about that, except having a device to measure PSI so you can check it at least every 2 to 4 months.

Ironically, I recently bought this one:

Also if you're a car noob like me, you should subscribe to people like Chrisfix and Scotty if you have a YouTube account, I've learn a lot from them:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PaintballOO7

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCux...IlF-k-K5YU8XPA

Comment

run flat are cool. i think you and nasa invented them, juss kidddding.

get a lil compressor from harbor freight, if they have those stores in Texas, one that plugs into your lighter, and it will inflate the spare if you are far from home.

Comment

Discount tire said it can lose pressure. There is actually spare tire maintenance guide in their website. Anyway, i'll have them check the spare tire as well when i do tire rotation every few months or so both are free cuz i bought tires from them

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                Discount tire said it can lose pressure. There is actually spare tire maintenance guide in their website. Anyway, i'll have them check the spare tire as well when i do tire rotation every few months or so both are free cuz i bought tires from them
                Rotate the tires if they have enough wear on them to justify the rotation.

If you don't travel that much and the tires are still good to go, then you can delay the rotation since they still have meat on them.

Same with oil change.

You don't need to change the oil every 3 or 4 months if you don't get enough mileage to justify the changing of it.

Of course, mileage should be the indicator for when you should change it, not time.

You gotta love Scotty:

Comment

Do everyone a favour and surrender your driver's license.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    run flat are cool. i think you and nasa invented them, juss kidddding.

get a lil compressor from harbor freight, if they have those stores in Texas, one that plugs into your lighter, and it will inflate the spare if you are far from home.
                    I recently bought a jackhammer from Harbor Freight and that motherfuker broke after one use. Demod like 60 sqft of tiles and that POS stopped working. At least they are willing to exchange it.

Harbor Freight has good prices but the quality of their stuff is not the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X