Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are The Pillow Punchers of Boxing Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are The Pillow Punchers of Boxing Today?

i have compiled a list based on the boxer's overall knock out percentage

1. Timothy Bradley (12 KOs) - actually rams his head more than his fists

2. Robert Guerrero (18 KOs) - more of an arm puncher and has piss poor stamina

3. Devon Alexander (13 KOs) - has got to be the most feather fisted fighter in the bunch

4. Paulie Malignaggi (7 KOs) - another feather fisted fighter, could not even give a good showing against his last opponent, a natural JWW

5. Miguel Vazquez (13 KOs) - had a hard time in his last fight, debuted as a WW but a current lightweight champion

6. Chad Dawson (17 KOs) - hasn't had a knock out victory since 2007

your thoughts?

who cares are my thoughts. Not everyone gonna have power. Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post

3. Devon Alexander (13 KOs) - has got to be the most feather fisted fighter in the bunch

4. Paulie Malignaggi (7 KOs) - another feather fisted fighter, could not even give a good showing against his last opponent, a natural JWW

5. Miguel Vazquez (13 KOs) - had a hard time in his last fight, debuted as a WW but a current lightweight champion

your thoughts?
      Excellent list but if we're going on recent years, I'd say the biggest name is Pacquiao. Hasn't had a KO since Cotto in 09'

Comment

I'm not so sure about Alexander. He hit Maidana with some good shots and that uppercut he hit Urango with was HUGE. He is a safety first fighter not a guy that can't punch.
        Last edited by jayjames616; 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Cesar Rene Cuenca 43-0 1 ko

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
            LMAO, hey he keeps winning so he must be doing something right! (staying away from the States lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post

your thoughts?
              poor list. a fighters style has alot to do with the amount of KOs he score, its not just about power.

look at margarito, hes not a good puncher at all but bcuz of his style he has alot of KOs. the pace and pressure scores his KO. then you have a guy like hopkins who isnt a big puncher but has above average power but seldom scores KOs bcuz of his safety first style and unwillingness to take risks.

dawson has better than average power too, the reason he doesnt have more KOs is his defensive style and mindset. when dawson is in control he takes his foot off the gas rather than go for the knockout. but there isnt a single fighter he fought who didnt respect for dawsons power.

alexanders power isnt bad either, granted some fighters showed no effect taking his shots but he did knock out urango who is nothing if not durable. i think devon can punch a bit but tends not to sit down on his punches for the most part. rather throw 5-6 quick and flashy punches than 3-4 hard ones.

Comment

alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                  wow he must be really weak. I wonder if his idol is Joe calslappy

Comment

Cesar Rene Cuenca 43-0 (1 KO's)
                    Guillaume Frenois 28-0 (5 KO's)

Comment

Working...
                    X