No announcement yet.

I'm gonna be laughing when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna be laughing when...

Rios moves up to 140 and beats one of the big dogs up there. Khan, Peterson, Garcia, or Alvarado. He looks bad in 1 fight because a guy is grabbing his arm every 15 seconds and now he sucks. Smh.. He may not be a great technical boxer but he will not be an easy fight for anyone at 140.

Khan, Maidana and Matthysse KO rios badly.

Even Judah gets the job done on him.

If Rios had to go zombie just to get to 137 (reweighing in at 139) then he'll pretty much have to go through the same to get to 140 too.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
      Khan, Maidana and Matthysse KO rios badly.

Even Judah gets the job done on him.

If Rios had to go zombie just to get to 137 (reweighing in at 139) then he'll pretty much have to go through the same to get to 140 too.
      This! very soon he will have the same problem making 140!

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
        Rios moves up to 140 and beats one of the big dogs up there. Khan, Peterson, Garcia, or Alvarado. He looks bad in 1 fight because a guy is grabbing his arm every 15 seconds and now he sucks. Smh.. He may not be a great technical boxer but he will not be an easy fight for anyone at 140.
        Alvarado is the same type of fighter Rios but with more dimensions to his game. Alvarado will muscle him around and out heart him. Rios' stamina sucks while Alvarado last night kept the same pace for 10 rounds. And save me the weight excuse, I don't wanna hear it.

And as far as Khan goes, Rios already proved that he can't adjust to boxers so good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Alvarado is the same type of fighter Rios but with more dimensions to his game. Alvarado will muscle him around and out heart him. Rios' stamina sucks while Alvarado last night kept the same pace for 10 rounds. And save me the weight excuse, I don't wanna hear it.

And as far as Khan goes, Rios already proved that he can't adjust to boxers so good luck.
          Agree. Rios stamina is suspect for sure, and Alvarado has proved his last two fights, against solid fighters in Prescott and Herrera, that he's got very good stamina. Rios has a non-existent jab it seems like, and literally just comes forward and throws punches, much like Marcos Maidana. Alvarado isn't quick, but I feel he's a bit quicker with his legs and punches than Rios is, and he actually has a pretty stiff jab as well.

I'd like to see Marquez-Judah, Alvarado-Rios, and Gesta-Molina in July. Best fights to be made in my opinion. Marquez-Judah winner would probably fight Pacquiao, most likely Marquez. Alvarado-Rios winner has big fights at 140 to be made and could fight anyone probably. And the Gesta-Molina winner could fight DeMarco or Vazquez for a title.

Comment

Maybe he could beat Khan because his chiny as **** but not really Rios is like a slower Maidana with less power

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
              Rios is too easy to hit...bigger fighters will do more damage.

Comment

Fighters like Rios don't take the advantages that they're used to when they move up in weight. He struggles with any top 10 LW as it is, at 140 I don't see him beating anyone relevant.

I'm a fan, and I hope his struggles have been due to the cut down to 135, but have to be realistic. Unless Robert really changes their approach, Rios will not make it far... Unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X