Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Like To Have 3-4 Fights Per Year - It's Not That Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s easy just do it like the old school fighters did it. Fight 9 absolute bums, no hopers, and 1 or 2 meaningful fights a year. You’ll end up with the inflated 130-12 win-loss record and have historians talking about how you were one of the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It’s easy just do it like the old school fighters did it. Fight 9 absolute bums, no hopers, and 1 or 2 meaningful fights a year. You’ll end up with the inflated 130-12 win-loss record and have historians talking about how you were one of the greatest.
      It’s better for everyone.
      You get to stay busy all year and are always in shape. More people can go watch you live. You’re not sitting on the bench for 8-16 months like most champions today.
      Training for elite comp is different then fighting a cw with a bum that has no chance of winning.
      Seems like every fighter acts like their the next super star before even doing anything.
      2 fights 12-16 doesn’t do anyone any good imo honestly

Comment

It should be ****ing easy when you fight bums like redkach most of the danm time

Comment

Originally posted by Onetimethun View Post
          It’s better for everyone.
          You get to stay busy all year and are always in shape. More people can go watch you live. You’re not sitting on the bench for 8-16 months like most champions today.
          Training for elite comp is different then fighting a cw with a bum that has no chance of winning.
          Seems like every fighter acts like their the next super star before even doing anything.
          2 fights 12-16 doesn’t do anyone any good imo honestly
          That would be ideal, and although I said it jokingly, I do prefer boxers to stay active, even if it’s against total no hopers. The issue would be the TV/Stream slot. Every top fighter is going to want to headline also, so you can’t bunch them up in 10 cards per year because egos will get in the way. Then there’s money. Even if Danny Garcia or Manny Pacquiao were to fight a no hoper, they would likely want a couple million dollars per fight even against a top 50 opponent. Lastly, you have the interest level. Why did that old style of promoting fighters died? Having them fight 10 times a year. Fans and networks probably got tired of all the tomato cans and it brings us to where we are today. Fighters who are 10-0, 20-0, fans want them to fight the #1 P4P fighter of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Navarrete, Inoue, Gilberto Ramírez in 2018, kovalev last year to name a few. its been done
            Kovalev had 3 fights in 2019. February, August, and September. He almost got KO'd in August by Yarde, and did get KO'd in November by Canelo.

Comment

Danny should've completed his sentence..."it's not easy, I'd like to keep fighting easy fights"

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That would be ideal, and although I said it jokingly, I do prefer boxers to stay active, even if it’s against total no hopers. The issue would be the TV/Stream slot. Every top fighter is going to want to headline also, so you can’t bunch them up in 10 cards per year because egos will get in the way. Then there’s money. Even if Danny Garcia or Manny Pacquiao were to fight a no hoper, they would likely want a couple million dollars per fight even against a top 50 opponent. Lastly, you have the interest level. Why did that old style of promoting fighters died? Having them fight 10 times a year. Fans and networks probably got tired of all the tomato cans and it brings us to where we are today. Fighters who are 10-0, 20-0, fans want them to fight the #1 P4P fighter of the world.
                Great Post! If anyone disagrees with this, please see Joe Louis' "The Bum of the Month Club." Also check Mike Tyson 1985 (15 fights), 1986 (13 fights). 1986 was much better! I don't think anything that impressive has been done since, especially at HW! It's a great method for young, up-and-comers, but not great for Top 10 fighters. CTE!

The Bum Of The Month Club

https://www.boxing247.com/weblog/archives/115509
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 01-24-2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                  Redkach has not shown any disrespect to Garcia, that I know of, in the lead up to this fight. Strange...what precipitated Garcia's arrogance? Just ego?
                  What precipitated Garcia's arrogance is probably insecurity as much as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by HaymonTheGod View Post
                    dazn and espn have mismatches every week... so what
                    Not as blatant a mismatch as this one - a former 2 time high profile champ against a 4-loss b level opponent as a Showtime main event...Showtime supposed to b above this crap....Pbc should put these crap showcase mismatches on Fox.

Comment

I thought Haymon was going to "save boxing"? He can't get Danny 3 or 4 fights per year? GTFOOH. PBC hoards all the talent at 147/154, you telling me he can't get Danny fights? What he's really saying is that it's difficult to get 3 or 4 cherry picks per year.

Comment

Working...
                      X