How do you become a Pro Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you become a Pro Boxer?

How do you become 1

Its good to get amateur experience but after that, what do you actually do to become a pro boxer?

Full time as well, no journeymen crap

Manager and promoters, whats with that.. any help

Thanks

Theyll find you.

Comment

your boxing gym is a great start to manage, promote and train you ... they always have connections some how like where i use to train top rank was there promotions

Comment

If you have to ask, you're not ready to be one.

Eventually as your skills progress and you gain more experience, someone will touch base with you

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          If you have to ask, you're not ready to be one.

Eventually as your skills progress and you gain more experience, someone will touch base with you
          never said i was, just asking

i dont have to box to wonder

its a casual fan question

Comment

Is it possible to turn pro with very little amateur experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
              Is it possible to turn pro with very little amateur experience?
              If you have a death wish.

Search YouTube for "Zelenoff vs. Hartley."

Comment

What happened to that Zelenoff guy? I remember him making alot of noise here when first joined the forums.

To rephrase my original question: how important is an amateur pedigree if the fighter in question has immense natural ability. Would he be able to learn what he would need to learn through pro fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                  What happened to that Zelenoff guy? I remember him making alot of noise here when first joined the forums.

To rephrase my original question: how important is an amateur pedigree if the fighter in question has immense natural ability. Would he be able to learn what he would need to learn through pro fights?
                  Please see this post. It actually covers going pro without any amateur experience, Zelenoff, and why it's a bad idea.

Technically, if you had the money for a trainer (and could find a good one who was nuts enough to take you on) the ability to train full-time for a year or two, and an immense amount of patience and natural ability, sure. Maybe. You could get a license and have some fights on the books and something to tell the grandkids about someday.

But you're not just going to get a license, step into the ring off the street with no training, and become a champion. Never.
                  Last edited by fraidycat; 09-06-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X