No announcement yet.

how do you lose the gut?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you lose the gut?

started boxing about 3 weeks ago now and im really getting into it, want to take it seriously so i was wondering if any of u guys now any tips or methods on how to work the stomach....either diet/nutrition and excersises.

the rest of my body is quite toned just my stomach is slightly flabby........i do boxing training for an hour and a half 2 nights a week at my club and when the season starts (september) gets to 3 nights. train mon and wed then start on fri in sep....... for the days in between i train a little bit on my neck with a neck harness, what other excersise should i do for the days in between or should i rest to let the muscles grow?

iv cut out all fast food snacks etc...... i only drink water and milk, cut out potatoes cheese and pasta and the only bread i eat is wholemeal.........anything else should cut out/include?

be patient bro, it will slowly fall off. i find extra running, long distances do it. twice a day, and fat fall off like sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooch
      started boxing about 3 weeks ago now and im really getting into it, want to take it seriously so i was wondering if any of u guys now any tips or methods on how to work the stomach....either diet/nutrition and excersises.

the rest of my body is quite toned just my stomach is slightly flabby........i do boxing training for an hour and a half 2 nights a week at my club and when the season starts (september) gets to 3 nights. train mon and wed then start on fri in sep....... for the days in between i train a little bit on my neck with a neck harness, what other excersise should i do for the days in between or should i rest to let the muscles grow?

iv cut out all fast food snacks etc...... i only drink water and milk, cut out potatoes cheese and pasta and the only bread i eat is wholemeal.........anything else should cut out/include?
      You probably do this at your club, but do some sit-ups and press ups, burpee's, skipping. All those general strength and stamina building exercises will help you out a lot for boxing. As Hunna said also do a bit of running but dont make it excessive, you want a bit of weight. If you run a lot you will start to look like Paula Radcliffe or someone like that lol .

Your diet sounds fine. Perhaps eat fruit if yu dont already do that.

Also each training session try and target a part of your boxing that your not happy about (footwork, jab, hook), then work on that for the whole session (whether that is sparring or bag work or shadow boxing etc. etc.). This way your sessions will be more meaningful and you will progress a lot quicker than those who just train gernally on everything.

Comment

thanks for your replys so far guys. yea i snack on fruit.....this is my weekly routine..........

i eat mon-fri

breakfast - museli/all bran/ porridge with skimmed/semi-skimmed milk
        snack- a banana
        lunch - turky/chickn/roast beef/ham with salad sandwhich on wholemeal bread (no butter) , glass of milk and yoghurt
        snack - 2 oranges
        dinner- some sort of meat with veg or something healthy like that
        before go to bed - glass of milk with half scoop whey protein

i train mons and weds so my snack after lunch is replaced with a home made smoothie (milk,yoghurt,whey protein, peanut butter)
        the smoothie is the last meal b4 training then i have dinner when i get bk.at the weekends i just eat healthy dnt stick to the 3 meal 3 snacks.

on tue and thu just do neck work with harness, but now im going to include skipping and shadow boxing. i was thinking of doing running on sats or maybe swimming and then rest fri and sun,is this enough? the reason for this is because i work 50 hours a week and takes me an hour to commute to work so dnt want to run my self down and also i read that push ups/situps i.e strength exercises etc shouldnt do it everyday so u can let the muscles grow?

im 20yrs old 5'8 and 152 pounds......just strtd so dnt really know what my ideal fighting weight is......basically just looking to lose the gut so i can be quiker and more mobile when boxing.......is this routine ok?

Any replys are greatly appreciated. thanks for your help.

Comment

before go to bed - glass of milk with half scoop whey protein
          since ur body goes into a catabolic state when ur sleep u should take casein protein instead. whey digests too fast while casein digests slower throughout the night. good luck.

Comment

Cut down on your bread intake, dont eat anything past 7pm, dont drink beer/alcohol/soda (a must)! Eat alot of fruit and greens(asparagus, spelled wrong but you get the idea) that is extremely good for you and stick with fish (salmon is great) and grilled chicken(watch the fried foods EXTREMLY bad for you)! No Coffee either switch to green tea without sugar if you do need a sweetener in it use something like splendor much better for you. Eat small meals about 5 or 6 times a day not just 3 big meals, but stick with the stuff I said before. Thats a serious diet right there but it works! You can drop about 10 lbs in a few weeks doing that!
            Drink alot of water (if you weigh 150 drink almost 75 ounces, I know it sounds like alot but if you are serious about getting into great shape these are the things you must do.
            Exercise daily, only give your body one day off two at absolute max but I shun on the 2 days off! Your body only needs 1 day to rest so it can grow and heal whats sore. Run 2 times a day. If you cant run far because your stamina cant handle it run twice a day like a mile each time or 2 miles in the morning when you are most energized and 1 mile later in the day.
            Do alot of sit ups, push ups leg lifts (hold your partners ankles while laying at his/her feet and holding their ankles and have them push your legs (together) toward the ground when they get about 6 inchs or so from the ground hold for a second and raise them back up to your partner (do this about 20 or so times a day and soon enough your abs will be looking great).
            Good luck man hope this helped!

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252
              Cut down on your bread intake, dont eat anything past 7pm, dont drink beer/alcohol/soda (a must)! Eat alot of fruit and greens(asparagus, spelled wrong but you get the idea) that is extremely good for you and stick with fish (salmon is great) and grilled chicken(watch the fried foods EXTREMLY bad for you)! No Coffee either switch to green tea without sugar if you do need a sweetener in it use something like splendor much better for you. Eat small meals about 5 or 6 times a day not just 3 big meals, but stick with the stuff I said before. Thats a serious diet right there but it works! You can drop about 10 lbs in a few weeks doing that!
              Drink alot of water (if you weigh 150 drink almost 75 ounces, I know it sounds like alot but if you are serious about getting into great shape these are the things you must do.
              Exercise daily, only give your body one day off two at absolute max but I shun on the 2 days off! Your body only needs 1 day to rest so it can grow and heal whats sore. Run 2 times a day. If you cant run far because your stamina cant handle it run twice a day like a mile each time or 2 miles in the morning when you are most energized and 1 mile later in the day.
              Do alot of sit ups, push ups leg lifts (hold your partners ankles while laying at his/her feet and holding their ankles and have them push your legs (together) toward the ground when they get about 6 inchs or so from the ground hold for a second and raise them back up to your partner (do this about 20 or so times a day and soon enough your abs will be looking great).
              Good luck man hope this helped!
              when i train i drink milk with whey with my dinner coz it digests fast for rapid recovery and dnt have another 1 before i go to bed. should i scrap whey completly for casein or just do it when training (mon/wed) and casein for the other days?

i eat the sandwhich everyday mon-fri (2 slices wholemeal - no butter) due to the convience of it, this too much bread?

yes thanks for all your posts really appreciate the help!

Comment

when i train i drink milk with whey with my dinner coz it digests fast for rapid recovery and dnt have another 1 before i go to bed. should i scrap whey completly for casein or just do it when training (mon/wed) and casein for the other days?

i eat the sandwhich everyday mon-fri (2 slices wholemeal - no butter) due to the convience of it, this too much bread?

yes thanks for all your posts really appreciate the help!
                I dont eat bread while in training carbs are bad and bread has carbs so thats my answer. You can eat like the peta bread but make sure it's not made with white flour it definately makes a differece how your body breaks down fats and stores it yada yada only thing I can say is if you need to lose weight lose the bread

Comment

Working...
                X