No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto, Tony Morgan Part Ways After a Long Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    Berto is dumb. He shouldve done this a long time ago. That dude was terrible. He always had Berto going the wrong way against Southpaws. All Berto would fight was Southpaws and in every single fight he circled the wrong way. Then he comes out last fight trying to look like Mayweather. The trainer was terrible
    Agreed. I knew his head was going to roll when he had Berto come out with a Mayweather style of defense that obviously was not working for him. My question was, why would you implement this during the most important fight of his career? He has had no time to perfect this.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
      I hope Berto removes his annoying as brother from his corner to he be talking over the trainer saying dumb **** like you a beast berto
      That to me is the bigger problem. Berto's brother and father are too much of a distraction to him as a fighter. I would find it very hard to deal with that if I was training Berto.

I kicked a father out of the gym the other day, they are the WORST to deal with.

Comment

muh shoulder roll

Comment

While he's looking for a new trainer he should join.... Dancing with the stars.... Lmao

Comment

Too little, too late .........

Comment

Originally posted by JimLampley
              Berto has terrible defense, terrible counter puncher, terrible chin, terrible boxing iq, all he has is speed and some power, a new trainer won’t help him.

I bet he hires a Mayweather to train him.
              Would probably be a smart move.

Comment

bad tony Morgan

Might be to late to many bad habits he hasn't looked good since Estrada his defense use to be decent but it went all to hell after his last ko tony Morgan is a prime example of an amateur trainer not wanting to step away for the fighters good.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  I hope Berto removes his annoying as brother from his corner to he be talking over the trainer saying dumb **** like you a beast berto
                  lol,damn that's funny but that could be annoying as hell

Comment

Love seeing Berto lose after talking before as if he's elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                      no trainer can help berto
                      thats among the dumbest things i ever heard. ofcourse a good trainer will help him, a good trainer can help any fighter.

and if theres any fighter in boxing thats a diamond in the rough who just needs a good trainer to guide him its berto. he has all the physical talent, dedication and heart in the world. the only thing holding him back all these years were his trainer and his ego.

now hes changing trainer and after these losses i think hes been humbled too. berto is nearly 30 and you can only learn so much in a few years, im not saying he will be a p4p fighter. but he will certainly be better with the right trainer, significantly better.

that he won two world titles with hardly any skills or fighting IQ using nothing but talent and toughness shows the kind of potential he has. at his age he wont fulfill it entirely but he can become a damn good fighter. just imprving his ring smarts, getting his footwork together, giving him a bit of an inside game and tightening up his defense will make him a serious threat at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X