No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Motivated By Family, Creating a Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Motivated By Family, Creating a Legacy

Nothing comes easy for professional prizefighters. Grueling training camps. Early morning runs. Aches and pains that may or may not go away.

One would think that undefeated featherweight Miguel Angel Garcia would have it better than other fighters. Both of his older brothers boxed professionally, with Robert becoming a world champion. His father Eduardo, who picked strawberries in the Oxnard Plains, trained Fernando Vargas to a world title.

However, Garcia, poised in the ring beyond his 25 years of age, has worked just as hard, if not harder, to demonstrate that he deserving of being called the best. After this Saturday night, he would just be content to be called a world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

mikey has done things the right way and has earned this shot. this will be a good fight. i like both of them.

Comment

I'm just glad that he is FINALLY stepping up his competition.

Real talk!

Comment

Boxing fans need to pay attention to how Mikey was brought through the pro ranks. He wasn't "handed" a title against a bum, racking up meaningless defenses. He was brought along slowly, gradually increasing his level, until his people felt he was ready to fight a real champion for a belt. Good kid, excellent fighter & tonight couldn't be here quick enough for I man!!

Comment

Working...
        X