Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a trainer, how do you train your fighter to beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- I would not be accepting to come up nearly 3 divisions to fight at a weight that my fighter has no business being at. Example Marquez was in uncharted territory at 146lbs

- Similarly, I would need to get my fighter to fight more than 1 or 2 fights at WW before I can even fathom them trying to beat Floyd. Example, Ortiz, Hatton, Sharmba and as stated already Marquez.

Comment

Mayweather is beatable, he has just known which fighters to avoid throughout his career.

Comment

Move his damn elbow out the way where he blocks his body push that around and you can push him if you move it out the way you can bang the body there he'll have to make a defensive movement to cover that spot so what ever he leaves open you hit. Also punch when he's punching that way he'll have to think twice about countering.

Every one thinks timing Floyd's counters will work but it doesn't he's just gonna feint to get you to throw your counter shot or get you to move in the position you would be in to throw it then crack you.

Comment

feint, come in behind the jab, don't be a stupid ****

you need to have power to keep floyd honest, but you have to be able to allow floyd to come to you. if you constantly apply pressure, you'll be eaten alive. despite what so many people say, the best way to beat Floyd is to make him the aggressor but this is damn near impossible to do

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
            simple, use jab to break his combos and learn how to throw shots moving backwards.
            floyd rarely throws single power shots and can defend from any angle but,
            no fighter can defend when moving forward throwing shots.
            its not easy for a fighter to see a shot coming straight forward or judge its speed or power especially when throwing.
            thats my take, learn how to throw moving backwards and jab move head. jab move head to break rhythm.
            the only fighter i know who could deliver massive power blows doing this and leaning backwards was naseem hamed.
            check out vs tom johnson or kevin kelly youtube.
            look for the slo-mos.
            ????really???lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
              ????really???lol
              Yup you didn't know he rips combinations so fast that you can't see anything after the first punch haha

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                You know how margo's old trainer was training him? Yeah that's how.
                you mean load his gloves?
                Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                Finish him after you hit him with a mosley bomb
                well Mosley didnt drop him and he was still aware enough to clinch and eliminate mosleys right hand.sooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  - I would not be accepting to come up nearly 3 divisions to fight at a weight that my fighter has no business being at. Example Marquez was in uncharted territory at 146lbs

- Similarly, I would need to get my fighter to fight more than 1 or 2 fights at WW before I can even fathom them trying to beat Floyd. Example, Ortiz, Hatton, Sharmba and as stated already Marquez.
                  but that same jmm(2 years later) gave manny all he could handle

and sharmba moved up to 147 before floyd and why do they need more than 1 or 2 fights at ww??bradley had 1 at ww and beat manny.lol

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                    Mayweather is beatable, he has just known which fighters to avoid throughout his career.
                    what fighters have he avoided??please list them

Comment

Roach, Nacho, McGirt, and Naazim all had no answers for Floyd, just wanted to point that out. I think that Roach had the best gameplan, it just couldnt be fully executed by Oscar because Floyd as always made adjustments. Thats one of the biggest issues a trainer faces when gameplanning for Floyd, hes gonna adapt and the other fighter isnt.
                      Last edited by _original_; 07-03-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X