No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    He doesnt need to move around to be effective hes proved in his last several fights.

Canelo and Kirkland both get beat up by Floyd. Kirkland gets KO'd. Canelo survives but loses a clear UD.
    Both of those dudes are stronger than Cotto and some of things PBF was able to do against Cotto he won't be able to against Kirkland and Canelo. IMO both hit harder are stronger and come forward with way more aggression than Cotto. Skills wise Cotto is probably better than both but the punches those 2 would land on PBF while on the ropes no matter how few would do much much more damage than Cotto's did. I am not saying PBF can't beat either but no way can PBF easily compete with those guys at 154 at this stage in his career. Its just not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I thought it was clear Mayweather tried to stop Marquez. He really did, in the later rounds, but couldn't. Not only that, if you didn't see that, I know you heard Floyd say he tried to stop him but Marquez as too tough.

Stop discrediting Marquez. He can take a punch, we know that, and Floyd is not the biggest puncher in the game.
      Ive seen Mayweather try to stop people before. If that was him trying to stop JMM then it was a sad attempt.

No one is discrediting him but lets not act like JMM dictated how that fight would go. He was getting his ass beat from pillar to post and Floyd had his way with him.

Imo he didnt even shift out of first gear. Kind of like Pac with Bradley. Floyd coudve done more if he wanted to but hes smart enough to know that really whooping JMM would have done him no favors. We all knew it was a mismatch from the get go.

JMM can take a punch but there are more than one way to get a stoppage. If Floyd wanted to he coudve had JMMs corner toss in the towel by round 8.

Its not discrediting him.

Comment

mayweather's shoulder roll defense is impenetrable only if you have quick feet combined with lightning reflexes. marquez on the other was his first time fighting beyond 140 lbs. i bet he was slow on his feet due the added weight and had no idea mayweather was already winning once he slows down the pace of the fight.think of the lopez-alvarez fight but less fireworks. counter punching is only effective if you have an aggressive opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          go back and check out the time in between rounds of that fight. check floyd's corner. they're telling him to "try him" again, meaning try and stop him. he tried to stop him. it's just not how he fights. he's not a finisher, and marquez is a survivor.

if nothing else, floyd would have enhanced his career and earning potential by stopping marquez (that's what most expected he would do.)

he tried and failed.
          Ive seen that fight more times than I count I know what he said post fight,. I know what his corner was saying. Imo he coasted. It was a tune up fight and Floyd treated it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            Both of those dudes are stronger than Cotto and some of things PBF was able to do against Cotto he won't be able to against Kirkland and Canelo. IMO both hit harder are stronger and come forward with way more aggression than Cotto. Skills wise Cotto is probably better than both but the punches those 2 would land on PBF while on the ropes no matter how few would do much much more damage than Cotto's did. I am not saying PBF can't beat either but no way can PBF easily compete with those guys at 154 at this stage in his career. Its just not going to happen.
            We'll see because he will fight Canelo. And when Floyd beats him fairly easy NSB will explode with the bum threads, the he was green threads, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              How much do you think the bolded part affected the fight?

Be honest.
              You don't think Giving away 2 pounds when you're already fighting 2 weight classes higher than you've ever fought and your body is at its max makes a difference?

People b1tch about the 1 pound cotto gave away to Pac ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                The only reason Floyd didnt KO him is because Floyd respected him. He couldve Gatti'd his ass.

Lets not give him any ideas he gets his ass beat if he fights Berto or Ortiz. He could beat Bradley but Im not sure.

didn't ko? who wouldn't do it knowing you will be better than your archnemesis doing that?

pbf never really opens up because he gets tagged everytime doing it. go figure, all his damage was done thru potshotting and narrowing the gap afterwards.

Comment

I think people really underrate Floyd's performance in this fight. He looked amazing! Marquez is small for a WW but I really didn't expect him to get outclassed that badly. Marquez is one of the best counter punchers in the game and he could barely do anything against Floyd. Floyd is just a stylistic nightmare for JMM. It wasn't just the size that was giving him trouble and anyone who says it was, is full of it. Size was a factor but speed and ring smarts that negated anything he tried to do. It's not like Floyd was bullying him around with his size. He was just to damn fast and smart and Marquez just followed him around and let Mayweather counter the hell out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post

didn't ko? who wouldn't do it knowing you will be better than your archnemesis doing that?

pbf never really opens up because he gets tagged everytime doing it. go figure, all his damage was done thru potshotting and narrowing the gap afterwards.
                    I have no idea what youre talking about. Im not trying to flame but you lost me with this post.

Comment

Its hard to fight a guy whos constantly running from you

Marquez said himself that floyd doesn't like to fight aka he likes to put his track shoes on

Comment

Working...
                      X