No announcement yet.

I visited Joe Louis' grave yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I visited Joe Louis' grave yesterday

For those that don't, the US buried him in Arlington cemetery, which is essentially a military cementary, and ironically in his death finally gave recognition for what he had done for America during his time in the service. RIP Champ! Top 3 heavyweight of all time imo. Wish that I was old enough to see him fight live.

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post

For those that don't, the US buried him in Arlington cemetery, which is essentially a military cementary, and ironically in his death finally gave recognition for what he had done for America during his time in the service. RIP Champ! Top 3 heavyweight of all time imo. Wish that I was old enough to see him fight live.
    In my opinion the greatest heavyweight ever. Thats pretty cool you went to his grave.

Comment

It's funny, I only live 20 miles away from it but I haven't been to Arlington National Cemetary in years.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        In my opinion the greatest heavyweight ever. Thats pretty cool you went to his grave.
        Thanks, I also went to see Dempsey's grave in New York as well since I have a relative who was buried at the same cemetery.

Comment

No1 for me..! Been to the States 3 times & never did that...
          Regards & Respect "old boy" Top of the morning!!!!

Comment

This is excellent. He is the greatest Heavyweight of all time in my opinion.

Comment

Thats pretty awsum man, love Joe Louis, named my son after him, well his middle name! 2nd Favourite fighter ever

Comment

Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Originally posted by CCobra View Post
                  This is excellent. He is the greatest Heavyweight of all time in my opinion.
                  in my opinion, joe louis is the greatest ever also.... good thread

Comment

Without a doubt! Add Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott and Jack Dempsey to the list also.

Comment

Working...
                    X