No announcement yet.

Having a training slump....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a training slump....

The last week or so i just havent really been into it. On new years me and my girlfriend of 4 years broke up and i was also betrayed by my bestfriend and his gf because they told her **** that wasnt true. And then since then it seems everything has gone wrong. Colors aren't as bright food tastes like crap and things i'd be extatic about feel like nothing now. and to top it off last night i think i broke my finger cause its hella swollen today. and this last week i've just felt empty when i start training. I show up do my workout, spar but i almost feel as though i'd rather be at home alone.

I've been there, and believe me, it'll pass. Don't feel sorry for yourself, do something instead. Put all your energy into your training, get ****ing mad! Eventually, you'll realize that the time you spent moping about a person who didn't mean **** in the end, is time wasted. The sooner you get over it, the less time you'll waste.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
      I've been there, and believe me, it'll pass. Don't feel sorry for yourself, do something instead. Put all your energy into your training, get ****ing mad! Eventually, you'll realize that the time you spent moping about a person who didn't mean **** in the end, is time wasted. The sooner you get over it, the less time you'll waste.
      i am mad...believe me lol. I just havent felt inspired to really do much of anything. Its not that im sitting around moping im doing all my training i just feel...empty inside kinda thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
        i am mad...believe me lol. I just havent felt inspired to really do much of anything. Its not that im sitting around moping im doing all my training i just feel...empty inside kinda thing
        You are gonna laugh but my best advice to you is to start helping people. I don't know, start volunteering, that is the best solution. In other words, embrace other people's problem and you will quickly forget about your own.

I mean I was in a similar situation in my senior year of High School and I was REALLY in a slump and I went on to volunteer in medical center for mentally ill and it really helped me cope with my ****.

Comment

anger and rage are powerful motivators when you can harness them correctly.... I've been through the same stuff, at first I was like you too, then I just said f it....if **** is going bad you still have to make good decisions or you will bear the consequences of your decisions for long after....

I hope you let it motivate you and inspire you to train harder than ever before...good luck bro!!!

Comment

Yeah people on here have said some good advice. Focus your energy on other things, such as working out, training, helping others. Good luck and hang in there.

Comment

**** all those guys. Just worry about yourself. Look out for number 1.

Comment

yeah. i think anyone would feel that down if they broke up with their long-term gf. as for the best friend.. i would knock his ass out.

definately let your anger out in boxing. helping others really helps. i remember the past month i had some crappy days and it's raining and everything. and there was hecka traffic. and there was a homeless standing in the pouring rain with the sign and i gave some money. felt much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  You are gonna laugh but my best advice to you is to start helping people. I don't know, start volunteering, that is the best solution. In other words, embrace other people's problem and you will quickly forget about your own.

I mean I was in a similar situation in my senior year of High School and I was REALLY in a slump and I went on to volunteer in medical center for mentally ill and it really helped me cope with my ****.
                  I actualy used to volunteer and ended up getting a job at the boys and girls club, which was really fun and made me happy because i got to work with kids who just needed to be with someone and it also worked out to be i got payed to play basketball and soccer. But the thing is...i got into it through my ex since her mom worked there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
                    Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
                    anger and rage are powerful motivators when you can harness them correctly.... I've been through the same stuff, at first I was like you too, then I just said f it....if **** is going bad you still have to make good decisions or you will bear the consequences of your decisions for long after....

I hope you let it motivate you and inspire you to train harder than ever before...good luck bro!!!
                    think about this for minute, that ***** who just dumped u, if she heard that u're all broken up about it and lost interest in training and life in general, i bet she'd feel pretty damn good about breaking u. think about that for a while

when the frustartion builds up because u got nowhere to stick it anymore, believe me, u'll want to start training again. by spring, u'll be really really horny, the best way to get rid of that besides pounding some slut is to train xtra hard

Comment

Working...
                    X