Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: At 100%, I Would've Stopped Martinez in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does his old man need to give him another belting?

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      I don't know about you guys but I would have loved to have a comeback fight with Chavez JR and Kelly Pavlik.
      I agree, he should fight Kelly Pavlik and if he win then make the rematch with Martinez. that would build up the fight, give it more hype for boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
        While it is true that Chavez Jr. didn't prepare adequately for that fight (missed training sessions, sleeping problems, use of cannabis, etc), and that eventually affected his performance, it is also true that the person to blame is Jr. himself. He should had known better that he was facing the best fighter of the division and that all the previous deficient antics (partying, poor training) wouldn't apply when you fight someone of the caliper of Martinez.
        I think he knows he didn't really have a chance! He was being pressured to fight Martinez by his handlers. He knew he had no chance! I think he trained harder than the HBO 24/7 wanted people to think! You guys just all believe what HBO and team Chavez say?? He trained for the fight plain and simple and they prepared him to pull off a late upset. They knew he didn't have the workrate so they prepared him more so for punishment and to be able to make it to the late rounds to try to pull a fast one near the end! We all know that Chavez couldn't box before the fight. If we all knew it so did his team. I can't believe how gullible you all are. They used 24/7 to try to secure a rematch (second Payday) and you all fell for it and are actually asking for it. Meanwhile it was really one of the most onesided boxing matches in the history of Championship fights!!
        Last edited by "Smokin Sugar"; 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I believe at 100% he will beat Martinez without a doubt what I doubt is if he has the desire to get himself into 100% shape.

Comment

i always laugh when someone says if i wouldve taken it seriously i woudlve........

well thats your fault noone is going to give you bonus points for not being "100 %" there. I still think martinez beats him even at 150%

Comment

"If I had gone in there at 100%, I would have knocked 'Maravilla' Martinez out in six rounds".
              That's a paddlin'.

Comment

Hahaha and if I would've paid attention in school I would've been a surgeon. Jr at 200% still gets outclassed by Martinez. What is this "in the 11th I realized he was beatable" stuff? Just shows he went into the fight mentally defeated. Actually if you see Jr's face before the first bell, he has a look of holy $ht this is really going down.

Comment

I think he meant in 6 years when Martinez reaches his mid forties fellas...and for those if you clamoring for a Jr. Vs Pavlik,it won't happen I really believe Pavs is done..anyway Martinez beats em down again in a rematch..

Comment

5 months later and he's still making excuses. If he couldn't get properly prepared for the biggest fight of his career, there's only one person he should blame.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                      I think he meant in 6 years when Martinez reaches his mid forties fellas...and for those if you clamoring for a Jr. Vs Pavlik,it won't happen I really believe Pavs is done..anyway Martinez beats em down again in a rematch..
                      They'll let Pavlik sit on his ass for awhile and then offer him money a year from now! He'll be completley out of shape by then and they can claim Chavez beat the man!!

Comment

Working...
                      X