Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Thought it was a tough fight to score but i actually had it 1 point up for hopkins, same as the first judge. I think the last 2 or 3 rounds were clearly calzaghes but before that hopkins was landing the cleaner punches and when calzaghe threw his little slap flurrys at the end of the round, hed throw 5 slaps and land 1 or 2 and in the exchange hopkins came back with 1 or 2 clear shots. Calzaghe was constantly pushing the fight but was missing and landing a few slaps and dint land the cleaner shots early to mid rounds. Plus the knockdown, it should of at least been closer on the scorecards.

I had B-Hop up a point though my score may well be different if I watched it again.
    Somebody bought me it on DVD and I haven't been able too watch it, it was boring enough the first time around.

Comment

Thats a fight id rather forget. Gave to Hopkins.

Slapping from one guy and inactivity from the other. Looked like sparring.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Boring fight,i thought Calzaghe did enough to get the decision,B-hop was spoiling way too much it was awful to watch

Comment

Haven't watched it in quite a while, but I analysed this fight and always scored it for Hopkins, about 2 points ahead too. Classic case of more effectiveness vs less effective but more volume.

Comment

Gave it too Hopkins by a round.. Calzaghe looked amateurish.. just glad to see I'm not in the minority and the nutthugger british patriots like Earl Hickey haven't came in

I'm british btw

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Thats a fight id rather forget. Gave to Hopkins.

Slapping from one guy and inactivity from the other. Looked like sparring.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              I thought Calzaghe was a clear winner. But I certainly agree it was an awful fight that I would never watch again. I might also be biased against Hopkins' notorious theatrics about the fouls he supposedly has suffered.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I thought Calzaghe was a clear winner. But I certainly agree it was an awful fight that I would never watch again. I might also be biased against Hopkins' notorious theatrics about the fouls he supposedly has suffered.
                I had Calzaghe winning fairly wide. Most watching off TV did on fight night (go back and look all over). Ringside press had it closer both ways. Watched it again later on; still had it 8-3-1. Judges had it right. The only people who really bring it up anymore are those who thought Hopkins won.

Result really seems to tick them off.

Always good for a chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  I had Calzaghe winning fairly wide. Most watching off TV did on fight night (go back and look all over). Ringside press had it closer both ways. Watched it again later on; still had it 8-3-1. Judges had it right. The only people who really bring it up anymore are those who thought Hopkins won.

Result really seems to tick them off.

Always good for a chuckle.
                  I remember all the Hopkins fans that claimed robbery all had Hopkins up 114-113. Even if that score is accurate, that ain't no robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I remember all the Hopkins fans that claimed robbery all had Hopkins up 114-113. Even if that score is accurate, that ain't no robbery.
                    He lost a competitive, ugly fight to another HOFer. Hopkins will still rightly go down as the greater fighter.

It just was.

Comment

Working...
                    X